Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your mind?

I have to make a list of all the new clothes I need to buy for my kids

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Thinking about what to make for tea..
    Merry Christmas to all...

I'm thinking all that I accomplished today.

Merry Snowy Christmas

I'm thinking I need to work on my basement project again!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I'm thinking, I don't know what to do with myself. I want to be a midwife but I can't do the shift hours for a long time yet with having young children (childcare is an issue, hubby is disabled) so that's not an option for at least another 8 or so years. I want another baby but I want a career, too. I don't know what should come first. If I've been a stay at home mum my whole life, will people take a chance on me when I apply for jobs as a 30 year old with no previous employers and no job experience? If I start on my career now (aged 23) will I really want to start again with having babies and have to take maternity leave years down the line? If I get a job now it could be good experience but I'd have to pay out 100 a day in nursery fees. Will I really be earning enough to make it worth it? Or I could start on a degree, teach for the 8 years before I start midwifery. Teacher hours are mummy friendly hours. It could be a really rewarding job to fill up the time between now and being a midwife. It could also provide an opporunity to have another baby - I could do the degree, have a baby, take a year or two out, then go back to school to do my teacher training, then work as a teacher for however many years until I am able to commit to the shift work that comes with midwifery. Then back to Uni to do the midwifery degree... Hmmm... And I'm supposed to be winding down for sleep but can't turn my brain off!

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    I'm thinking, I don't know what to do with myself. I want to be a midwife but I can't do the shift hours for a long time yet with having young children (childcare is an issue, hubby is disabled) so that's not an option for at least another 8 or so years. I want another baby but I want a career, too. I don't know what should come first. If I've been a stay at home mum my whole life, will people take a chance on me when I apply for jobs as a 30 year old with no previous employers and no job experience? If I start on my career now (aged 23) will I really want to start again with having babies and have to take maternity leave years down the line? If I get a job now it could be good experience but I'd have to pay out 100 a day in nursery fees. Will I really be earning enough to make it worth it? Or I could start on a degree, teach for the 8 years before I start midwifery. Teacher hours are mummy friendly hours. It could be a really rewarding job to fill up the time between now and being a midwife. It could also provide an opporunity to have another baby - I could do the degree, have a baby, take a year or two out, then go back to school to do my teacher training, then work as a teacher for however many years until I am able to commit to the shift work that comes with midwifery. Then back to Uni to do the midwifery degree... Hmmm... And I'm supposed to be winding down for sleep but can't turn my brain off!
    You seem to have come up with a good plan as far as pursuing a teacher's career first Christmas_mama. It does sound good as you describe it. And you can have another baby I really admire you for wanting a big family. You have a warm heart.

Merry Snowy Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    I really admire you for wanting a big family. You have a warm heart.

Aww thank you I love being a Mummy so much - The children that I already have give me so much happiness that I would naturaly want more

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    Sounds like you already have a plan...
    Merry Christmas to all...

Which bills to pay tomorrow.

Merry Snowy Christmas

food
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*