Page 46 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your mind?

The mess I had to deal with today because of really stupid people.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Hey All...

So this is really random, but it is something that bothres me on a daily basis...
    I am in foods and nutrition at school, and I feel that every class I go to, my lifestyle is being bashed! I have been a vegetarian my whole life, and a vegan for the past 4 years (and I am not writing this post to try and convert people), but whenever the topic of veganism comes up, or they are talking about alternatives to meat they always talk about the negatives, and never any of the positives!! I am not a very outgoing person, so when people say to me "just speak up", it is really hard to do! Then when I finally get the courage to do so, the teacher makes a comment like they don't want to discuss it any further...it flusters me to no end!!! I just wanted to vent, and I saw this thread so I thought, why not just give it a whirl! Thanks for reading! <3

trying to figure out what to buy everyone for gifts for Christmas

:gift:

I ought to start my Christmas shopping.

Merry Snowy Christmas

I usually don't put up Christmas decorations or the tree until after Thanksgiving but they will be going up early this year because I was in a serious car accident in September (a young woman ran a red light at at least 50 or 60 mph and t-boned me.) I was in the trauma unit for 8 days and rehab for 4 weeks and have been home for 3 weeks now and I am doing SO much better. I had multiple fractured pelvic bones, ribs, a spinal fracture, etc.... I am still having to use a walker, so I am rarely going out yet. Anyway, what I started to say is that the Christmas stuff is going up early because two of my older adult children are here from out of state to help me, so they will be putting up the Christmas stuff. They will both be gone before Thanksgiving so if I want it up at all, then they will need to do it, which they don't mind doing.

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I usually don't put up Christmas decorations or the tree until after Thanksgiving but they will be going up early this year because I was in a serious car accident in September (a young woman ran a red light at at least 50 or 60 mph and t-boned me.) I was in the trauma unit for 8 days and rehab for 4 weeks and have been home for 3 weeks now and I am doing SO much better. I had multiple fractured pelvic bones, ribs, a spinal fracture, etc.... I am still having to use a walker, so I am rarely going out yet. Anyway, what I started to say is that the Christmas stuff is going up early because two of my older adult children are here from out of state to help me, so they will be putting up the Christmas stuff. They will both be gone before Thanksgiving so if I want it up at all, then they will need to do it, which they don't mind doing.
    OMG that's why you weren't around for so long? I'm so sorry for what you went through but I'm glad you're doing better.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and yes decorate early this year.

Merry Snowy Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    Oh,steph sorry to hear of your accident. But I'm glad your on the mend and feeling better.

Hope you enjoy your Christmas decorations when they are done..
    Merry Christmas to all...

OUCH! Here's hoping you recover soon.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Just wondering what happened to the forum yesterday. (or was it the day before??)
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I need new tires and brakes for my car.

Merry Snowy Christmas