Page 12 of 128 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    I'm worried about my little boy at school. An older boy picked on him yesterday
    Oh no how awful! Was any action taken by the school? I was bullied as a child and it is one of my biggest fears that my children will be bullied, too :saf elf: I hope he has a better day today

I'm worried about my little boy at school. An older boy picked on him yesterday
    Hope everything gets sorted with your little one.. It's not nice when things happen.

Our eldest was bullied at school.
    Merry Christmas to all...

I'm tired. I'll be glad when football season is over. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it, but it is time for me to rest! Of course, I'll miss it till next year. I'm also anxious that I will not have enough time to do what I want this Christmas. I have some special presents in mind for my parents but I am worried about getting them done in time. Guess I should start tackling that this weekend...
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    Oh no how awful! Was any action taken by the school? I was bullied as a child and it is one of my biggest fears that my children will be bullied, too :saf elf: I hope he has a better day today
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Hope everything gets sorted with your little one.. It's not nice when things happen.

Our eldest was bullied at school.
    Thank you both my friends

The teachers had an eye on him today. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better as the other kid hasn't necessarily targeted my boy. That other kid has some kind of disorder so I'm feeling kinda sorry for him and his family.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

The teachers had an eye on him today. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better as the other kid hasn't necessarily targeted my boy. That other kid has some kind of disorder so I'm feeling kinda sorry for him and his family.
    oh for the kid but at least you know. Hope it will never happen again

I bought today two tickets for my boyfriend and me for our trip to Klagenfurt in Dezember
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Hopefully now the school are aware, and it was just a one off incident, it won't happen again

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Bullying is a tough one in my book. On one hand, you never want anyone to pick on your kids. On the other, all of these behaviors (good and bad) play a role in our development as social beings. I had a bully for a few years in school. He always threatened me, and made me scared. I also learned how best to deal with people like that through the experience. Just sayin'...it's not always a simple answer in tough situations like that.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Bullying is a tough one in my book. On one hand, you never want anyone to pick on your kids. On the other, all of these behaviors (good and bad) play a role in our development as social beings. I had a bully for a few years in school. He always threatened me, and made me scared. I also learned how best to deal with people like that through the experience. Just sayin'...it's not always a simple answer in tough situations like that.
    Being bullied definately shaped me into the person that I am now. In some ways that's good, in some ways it's bad. I guess that's life, though.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    It's kind of the same as the way I view home-schooling. I am opposed to it because it doesn't adequately prepare people for things that happen in the "real world". I believe that as parents, our job is to prepare our kids for the future, not shield them from it. It's a deep topic, I know. I also know there are differing views...just like politics! I'm mature enough to recognize everyone has their own perspective and I respect that. Different opinions are what make life interesting!! Anyway...that is what's on my mind. Now I need to get back to my Christmas music!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    It's kind of the same as the way I view home-schooling. I am opposed to it because it doesn't adequately prepare people for things that happen in the "real world". I believe that as parents, our job is to prepare our kids for the future, not shield them from it. It's a deep topic, I know. I also know there are differing views...just like politics! I'm mature enough to recognize everyone has their own perspective and I respect that. Different opinions are what make life interesting!! Anyway...that is what's on my mind. Now I need to get back to my Christmas music!!
    I agree. I believe we learn valuable social and behavioural lessons while in school. I also don't deem myself knowledgeable enough to offer my children an equivellent academic education either. I appreciate that there are many parents very in favour of home schooling and it's their choice to make with their children and their right to make that choice and not be judged for it, but it's not for us personally.