Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remembering 9/11 (Ten-Year Anniversary)

Remembering 9/11 (Ten-Year Anniversary)

I just wanted to post a thread and express how pleased I am with the memorial garden created on the site of the WTC.

I saw a news segment today that showed the layout of the garden with the fountains symbolizing the original footprint of the two towers. I'm happy that it is done this way, so as to see exactly the layout of the two towers. I'm so glad they didn't decide to build on the foundation, as this is sacred ground now.

Having been in the area that horrid day, it has always been difficult for me to watch footage of 9/11 and only this year have I actually been able to view it without changing the channel and becoming extremely upset.

My prayers go out to the families/friends/colleagues of the 9/11 victims...

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Watched a 9/11 show on Sunday night which left me breathless... still. My assistant at work lost 5 people she knew that day - her brother's best friend, her best friend's brother, her neighbor, her friend's fiance and a friend's father. A friend of mine lost her husband. My next door neighbor had worked in the WTC for years. He was an ironworker who started working there making repairs after the 1993 bombing... they had just finished and he was laid off...two weeks before! He had an interview scheduled for that Thursday to get back in the WTC. Talk about luck!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Unhappy

I will never forget the horror I felt watching everything live on tv from so far away. I knew it in my heart that the world would never be the same after that day.
    My heart goes out to the families that lost their loved ones that day. Families from the US and all over the planet...

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Yes, I remember thinking after that day how we take for granted "non-eventful" days...when we say our say was "non-eventful", it usually means it was boring with nothing special, but sometimes nothing special IS special...we are sooo blessed. My thoughts and prayers still go out to the victims' families and all of the soldiers and their families that have been affected since that tragic day...

God Bless America!!!

I cannot believe it is 10 years since that day. I still remember it so clear in my head...where i was and what i was doing when i heard.

I have watched alot of documentaries from all differant points of view and angles and everyone of them has been so shocking. I will be thinking of all those who died and all those who were left behind missing them on sunday.
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

I will be thinking of those people who died on this tragic day 10 years ago, and
    all the people that were left behind...
    Merry Christmas to all...

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I see it a little differently as far as the memorial is concerned. I absolutely believe they should have built new towers. To me, that says,, "You can knock us down, but we get back up." Now it says, "You can knock us down and we'll never use the land again." Perhaps my perspective would be different if I were connected to the event a little more directly, or lived in New York City.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Mike - there is a new tower going up - it is not yet complete. They just didn't builk it right in the footprints of the twin towers. (There is alot of space at that site).I just watched them read all the names of the victims - it took about 4 hours - very sad!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Some pics from Brooklyn...

These are along the waterfront with the Verrazano Bridge on one end and Manhattan in the far distance on the other. If you can see it, the building that is lit up is the new building I believe..."1 World Trade Center"

I'll try to take more pictures tomorrow with my camera, as these were taken with my phone which couldn't focus well on the city in the distance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SnowAngel; 09-12-2011 at 10:58 AM.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

I still can't watch it...It was on tv and I had to switch it..It is still too near for me...
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!