Thread: Gonna make a Christmas site, just not sure what about...

Gonna make a Christmas site, just not sure what about...

So, I am gonna be making a Christmas website later this year as part of a school project (it doesn't have to be Christmas, but thats what I chose!), and I am not sure what sort of website I should make!

I am more inclined towards making a interactive website, one which Children of all ages (that means 1 -> 101 ) can go online and have lots of fun, and possibly even learn some things!

There are many "official" santa websites out there. Would it be wise to make another? Or would it be a smart move to make something completely different?

I would love your info on how this site should go. Tell me what sort of things you, your children (if possible), friends,etc. Would like to see in a Christmas website (recipes, games, countdown clock, forum,etc.)

-Mike
    ~Michael

Any opinions from anyone?
    ~Michael

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Didn't you do this last year? My 2 cents: I already belong to all the Christmas communities I need. If you want to be successful, you should find a specific aspect of Christmas that interests you most, and focus on that. THIS is the best website for all-around Christmas enthusiasts. As such, I think you'll find that most people here aren't terribly interested in adding another one to the list. I also belong to a couple others that focus on outdoor Christmas lighting. I suggest you follow that formula. If you really like Christmas TREES, then devote the website to that. Maybe it's ornament collecting. Maybe it's Santa. Does that make sense? Good luck. I am more than willing to see what you come up with, but keep in mind that you want to attract a core group of enthusiasts who are willing to contribute. Don't be offended. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm trying to be helpful and constructive.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Constructive responses were what I was looking for

I had a Xmas forum last year, but the webhost took it down because it was too popular, and exceeded my allowed bandwidth!

I am coming up with some concepts, but nothing new has been thought of yet...

I will keep you guys informed of how it is going

-Mike
    ~Michael