Thread: Spice Dream Cake and Photos

:gingerbread: Spice Dream Cake and Photos

SPICE DREAM CAKE
    1 pkg. Duncan Hines Spice cake mix
    1 pkg. banana or vanilla instant pudding (½ cup or small pkg.)
    1/2 c. Crisco oil
    1 c. water
    4 eggs
    Blend all ingredients in a large bowl, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Bake in a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes until center springs back when touched lightly. Cool right side up for about 25 to 30 minutes, then remove from pan.
    When ready to serve, dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with coffee ice cream. I serve this for Christmas using my Nordic Ware Holiday Wreath pan.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,196,1...252196,00.html

I have this strange feeling that I've posted this before, but I did a search and didn't find it. I like to serve this with coffee ice cream.

The following photo comes from The Great Holiday Baking Book by Nordic Ware, copyright 2011. It has marzipan leaves and berries.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

I can't see the first photo, but the link is there.

We don't have some of the ingredients here. I do have the exact same platter of the first photo though Or rather my mom does

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBells View Post
    We don't have some of the ingredients here. I do have the exact same platter of the first photo though Or rather my mom does
    I understand. I don't know where to buy the marzipan.

However, you can use whatever recipe you normally use and decorate it with marzipan holly leaves and berries.

Do you have a recipe for a spice or cinnamon cake that doesn't call for raisins(sultanas) or nuts?

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

It looks delicious MW
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

it looks so yummy thoug
    it sounds like u can make the marzipan

Marzipan is an almond and sugar paste used to ice cakes and other pastries or sculpted into a variety of shapes to be eaten as candy or used as cake decorations. Marzipan is simply a mixture of almond paste, powdered sugar, and a moistening agent such as water, corn syrup,glucose, fondant, or egg whites. After the ingredients are mixed, marzipan reaches a consistency of dough or soft rubber and can be rolled, shaped, cut, or molded.
    Because marzipan is both delicious to eat on its own and simple to make, it is often used both as the icing for cakes and as decoration. When used to ice a cake, marzipan is rolled into a thin sheet and draped over the cake, usually with a fruit glaze applied between the cake and marzipan so that the icing sticks more securely. Once the marzipan is draped over the cake, the sides are carefully smoothed down so that the icing is uniform and free of bubbles or wrinkles.
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.