Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else buy for their pets?

Yes!! My bf and I buy for our 2 cats, our dog, and always give my mom cat litter and lots of food for her cats as well Estimated total spent on animals...about $50-$100
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by kam1187 View Post
    Yes!! My bf and I buy for our 2 cats, our dog, and always give my mom cat litter and lots of food for her cats as well Estimated total spent on animals...about $50-$100
    Any toy presents for them???
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Most people who own pets give them Christmas gifts. I don't have any, but I used to buy for my mom's, siblings,and in-laws. There are too many pets now. I count about 10 or 12!

Our 4 cats get presents, way more than they need. Most of the toys they reject. Considering all the money spent on cat toys over the years they are most content playing with a wad of paper. However cat treats in the stockings, yes they each have their own stocking, treats are readily accepted.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    Our 4 cats get presents, way more than they need. Most of the toys they reject. Considering all the money spent on cat toys over the years they are most content playing with a wad of paper. However cat treats in the stockings, yes they each have their own stocking, treats are readily accepted.
    Its really funny, I can almost imagine your cats looking inside their stockings, for their treats...

they can smell something is in them, the stockings hang on the fireplace and they try to jump and get at them sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Its really funny, I can almost imagine your cats looking inside their stockings, for their treats...

:holly:

All our furkids get presents but always a few days before Christmas........they JUST KNOW when there is something for them in the house !!!

:gingerbread:

Quote Originally Posted by Caninemom3 View Post
    All our furkids get presents but always a few days before Christmas........they JUST KNOW when there is something for them in the house !!!

So, they just cant wait until Christmas??

I usually get my two indoor cats something for Christmas...actually I have already found for them what I am going to get for them this year! But I agree Elf_Erv...my cats prefer the paper or the box!

For all you cat lovers, you can probably relate to this...LOVE IT

Wrapping Presents with a Cat
    1. Clear large space on table for wrapping present.
    2. Go to closet and collect bag in which present is contained, and shut door.
    3. Open door and remove cat from closet.
    4. Go to cupboard and retrieve rolls of wrapping paper.
    5. Go back and remove cat from cupboard.
    6. Go to drawer, and collect transparent sticky tape, ribbons, scissors, labels, etc. . .
    7. Lay out presents and wrapping materials on table, to enable wrapping strategy to be formed.
    8. Go back to drawer to get string, remove cat that has been in the drawer since last visit and collect string.
    9. Remove present from bag.
    10. Remove cat from bag.
    11. Open box to check present, remove cat from box, replace present.
    12. Lay out paper to enable cutting to size.
    13. Try and smooth out paper, realize cat is underneath and remove cat.
    14. Cut the paper to size, keeping the cutting line straight.
    15. Throw away first sheet as cat chased the scissors, and tore the paper.
    16. Cut second sheet of paper to size - by putting cat in the bag the present came in.
    17. Place present on paper.
    18. Lift up edges of paper to seal in present. Wonder why edges don't reach. Realize cat is between present and paper. Remove cat.
    19. Place object on paper, to hold in place while tearing transparent sticky tape.
    20. Spend 20 minutes carefully trying to remove transparent sticky tape from cat with pair of nail scissors.
    21. Seal paper with sticky tape, making corners as neat as possible.
    22. Look for roll of ribbon. Chase cat down hall in order to retrieve ribbon.
    23. Try to wrap present with ribbon in a two-directional turn.
    24. Re-roll ribbon and remove paper, which is now torn due to cat's enthusiastic ribbon chase.
    25. Repeat steps 13-20 until you reach last sheet of paper.
    26. Decide to skip steps 13-17 in order to save time and reduce risk of losing last sheet of paper. Retrieve old cardboard box that is the right size for sheet of paper.
    27. Put present in box, and tie down with string.
    28. Remove string, open box and remove cat.
    29. Put all packing materials in bag with present and head for locked room.
    30. Once inside lockable room, lock door and start to relay out paper and materials.
    31. Remove cat from box, unlock door, put cat outside door, close and relock.
    32. Repeat previous step as often as is necessary (until you can hear cat from outside door)
    33. Lay out last sheet of paper. (This will be difficult in the small area of the toilet, but do your best)
    34. Discover cat has already torn paper. Unlock door go out and hunt through various cupboards, looking for sheet of last year's paper. Remember that you haven't got any left because cat helped with this last year as well.
    35. Return to lockable room, lock door, and sit on toilet and try to make torn sheet of paper look presentable.
    36. Seal box, wrap with paper and repair by very carefully sealing with sticky tape. Tie up with ribbon and decorate with bows to hide worst areas.
    37. Label. Sit back and admire your handiwork, congratulate yourself on completing a difficult job.
    38. Unlock door, and go to kitchen to make drink and feed cat.
    39. Spend 15 minutes looking for cat until coming to obvious conclusion.
    40. Unwrap present, untie box and remove cat.
    41. Go to store and buy a gift bag

yup.....I can relate