Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: "A Christmas Carol"

very good I want to see it. I just love Jim Carrey! It looks awesome!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

:tree:

This is my absolute, all time favorite Christmas movie and novel. My favorite version has to be the one with George C. Scott. It is a must-watch every year! Of course, the season doesn't go by without watch the Muppets' version as well. Gonzo and Rizzo are great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stacyk9 View Post
    This is my absolute, all time favorite Christmas movie and novel. My favorite version has to be the one with George C. Scott. It is a must-watch every year! Of course, the season doesn't go by without watch the Muppets' version as well. Gonzo and Rizzo are great!!!
    The George C. Scott is also one of my fav versions as well. I think the one i like best is the one with Alastair Sim from the 50's.

As much as i love the story and ever previous version made, I am not to sure how well Jim Carry can do Scrooge. He to me is more of a comedic actor and feel that a more dramatic actor should have done it. OF course they end of the day i will go see it in the theaters and buy it on DVD no mater what.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

My favorite version was always the 1951 version, starring Alistair Sim as Scrooge, but several years back, I picked up the DVD for the 1938 version of the film and that has quickly become my favorite, live-action version of the film. I love the 1984 version starring George C Scott, too. I know the 1938 version seems quite condensed, as it does have a short running time, but it's just a lot of fun, I think. I love Gene Lockhart as Bob Crachit, the facial expressions are hilarious.

As far as animated versions, I also love The Flintstone's Christmas Carol, Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol and of course, Mickey's Christmas Carol.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    My favorite version was always the 1951 version, starring Alistair Sim as Scrooge, but several years back, I picked up the DVD for the 1938 version of the film and that has quickly become my favorite, live-action version of the film. I love the 1984 version starring George C Scott, too. I know the 1938 version seems quite condensed, as it does have a short running time, but it's just a lot of fun, I think. I love Gene Lockhart as Bob Crachit, the facial expressions are hilarious.

As far as animated versions, I also love The Flintstone's Christmas Carol, Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol and of course, Mickey's Christmas Carol.

Another fan of Alistair that's great. Btw since you listed those animated one U need to find the one that Tim Curry did. I think he nailed the voice down pat.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

I forgot about the Flintstone's version. That one is good, too. Heck, I'll take any version of "A Christmas Carol". I saw it live at the Fox Theater in St. Louis a couple years ago. Absolutely fantastic!!! It's coming back this year, but we're going to see White Christmas instead this time around.

Down the road from me every year they do a dickens of christmas downtown,

Dickens of a Christmas in Downtown Franklin, TN

Step into the pages of Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol, with the annual Dickens of a Christmas celebration in Franklin. The town is transformed into a Victorian city during the holiday season as special performers, artists and carolers fill the streets in what has frequently been named one of the regions Top 20 events by the Southeast Tourism Society.
    You'll be enchanted by the clatter of horse hooves and the melodic voices of Victorian carolers as they parade up and down the quaint streets of the city. Live performances, artists and street performers will ensure there is a never a dull moment. The complete lineup of events will be posted around town during the weekend to make sure that you don't miss a thing at the annual Dickens of a Christmas!

When:
    • December 12, 2009 - December 13, 2009

Points of Interest

Quote Originally Posted by ikey2 View Post
    Down the road from me every year they do a dickens of christmas downtown,

Dickens of a Christmas in Downtown Franklin, TN

Step into the pages of Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol, with the annual Dickens of a Christmas celebration in Franklin. The town is transformed into a Victorian city during the holiday season as special performers, artists and carolers fill the streets in what has frequently been named one of the regions Top 20 events by the Southeast Tourism Society.
    You'll be enchanted by the clatter of horse hooves and the melodic voices of Victorian carolers as they parade up and down the quaint streets of the city. Live performances, artists and street performers will ensure there is a never a dull moment. The complete lineup of events will be posted around town during the weekend to make sure that you don't miss a thing at the annual Dickens of a Christmas!

When:
    • December 12, 2009 - December 13, 2009

Points of Interest

Ikey, I think I may have to make the 2 1/2 trip down there for this event this year. Sounds pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanniclause View Post
    Ikey, I think I may have to make the 2 1/2 trip down there for this event this year. Sounds pretty awesome.
    Aye, its a great time there.... Also if your lucky your might even bump in to ole scrooge himself.

That looks awesome, ikey2. I will also have to look into more Christmas Carol versions. Thanks for the heads-up on the Tim Curry version.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!