Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improvement Ideas?

Thank you, Bob, or whoever rotated my Jim Shore tree!

I think you could use some more lights and more ornaments inside the tree to reflect off the lights. For inside get some cheap ornaments after Christmas if you don't have anymore. I love the icicles as they play off the lights also. I have also seen the thin garland put with beads and it looks fabulous. Beading I have never got it to how I liked it, trust me I tried for years, ribbon either.

You did a great job on your tree and we are our own worse critic.

OK - while I don't think your tree needs any 'critiquing' at all - it is simply gorgeous as is .....here goes. If you want that FULL designer look you need to stuff the inside of the tree with shiney ballls of varying sizes to capture the light - they don't have to be expensive ones just shiney then on the outer branches you put all your pretty ornaments making sure you place them to catch the best optimone light from the tree. Lots of wire edge ribbon preferably done with two complimentary colors draped together and tucked in and out ( I have yet the master the ribbon but I keep trying) and then tons of the new glass icicles on the outer edges again to capture the light. Large ornaments also help give the designer look......

Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by lynnenc View Post
    OK - while I don't think your tree needs any 'critiquing' at all - it is simply gorgeous as is .....here goes. If you want that FULL designer look you need to stuff the inside of the tree with shiney ballls of varying sizes to capture the light - they don't have to be expensive ones just shiney then on the outer branches you put all your pretty ornaments making sure you place them to catch the best optimone light from the tree. Lots of wire edge ribbon preferably done with two complimentary colors draped together and tucked in and out ( I have yet the master the ribbon but I keep trying) and then tons of the new glass icicles on the outer edges again to capture the light. Large ornaments also help give the designer look......

Lynne
    I'm going to print your instructions out for next year (or save them to Word Perfect). I've just about finished this year's tree and it's nothing like that photo. Thanks so much for your help.

Lynn does exactly what I do with my trees MW. You can also buy some sets of twinkle lights that I use on my crystal tree. They really give the tree a nice effect

are twinkle lights different than the blinking bulbs for regular lights? I used to use the blinking bulb in my lights but don't like blinking as much as the regular lights all lit up!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

I have an animation of my tree with twinkle lights over on the photo thread if you want to get a rough idea of what they are like.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymike1965 View Post
    Lynn does exactly what I do with my trees MW. You can also buy some sets of twinkle lights that I use on my crystal tree. They really give the tree a nice effect
    What is your definition of twinkle lights? Last year I had these horrible mini lights on my smaller trees and they had about ten settings. I ended up setting it so that all the lights were always on (constantly), not blinking, twinkling, or any fancy stuff. But I thought I had bought multi-color lights and they were only red, blue and green and I hated them. So I sent them to Goodwill this year. I won't add lights to my 7-1/2 foot tree because I hate walking around the tree to put them on and then walking around the tree to take them off. I'm in my sixties, so I look for easier ways to get the job done. That way I still have time for a nap when I'm finished.

Do your lights go off and on while you look at your tree?

I apologize for asking for advice and then going ahead with my tree before all the responses came in. I have to admit that when I get a bee in my bonnet, I'm not very good at waiting.

That was awesome tree you decorated last year, looks very nice..

keep up the great work for this year christmas also.