Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 111

Thread: What do you do to get in the spirit?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I wish Thanksgiving were warmer (we're in the 30's or 40's at that point, I believe). Actually, I wish our Thanksgiving was at the same time as Canada's- in October. I would love to eat outside at a long table with the leaves changing colors around me. Like it probably was at the first Thanksgiving.
    Thats funny because for my ideal Thanksgiving I am sitting inside a huge home with a fire roaring and snow falling outside (it may be too early for snow in Nov, but I can dream!) and my family sitting around a large table laughing and passing around the food. We usually sit outside in the heat because our family is so freakin' huge :-)
    Last edited by MacShirts; 08-08-2009 at 01:45 AM.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    142
    It doesn't take much to get me into the Christmas spirit. When the holidays get closer I get excited. Of course the weather changing does help but last year it was warm one day and the next it was freezing cold! I hope this year it doesn't happen again.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by gummgirl View Post
    it was warm one day and the next it was freezing cold! I hope this year it doesn't happen again.
    How cold does it get in Texas?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    Thats funny because for my ideal Thanksgiving I am sitting inside a huge home with a fire roaring and snow falling outside (it may be too early for snow in Nov, but I can dream!) and my family sitting around a large table laughing and passing around the food. We usually sit outside in the heat because our family is so freakin' huge :-)
    Do the leaves change color where you are?

    I like the picture you paint, but that sounds like my ideal Christmas dinner!

    Do you have siblings? If so, how many?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    142
    MacShirts It varies last year it was in the 20's.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Do the leaves change color where you are?

    I like the picture you paint, but that sounds like my ideal Christmas dinner!

    Do you have siblings? If so, how many?
    No, but then again we dont have alot of trees where I live. Im sure those who live north of the valley (Payson, Flagstaff, Williams) in the more mountainous regions see their beautiful trees change. Ive always wanted to take a trip up there and see that, but we mostly go for the snow I have 4 siblings, and most of them (the girls ) are starting their own families

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by gummgirl View Post
    MacShirts It varies last year it was in the 20's.
    Wow I never would have guessed Texas gets that cold!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    142
    At least where I live it does!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    I have 4 siblings, and most of them (the girls ) are starting their own families
    I have 3 sisters and we felt like a crowd even before we started adding to us. I love big families.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by gummgirl View Post
    At least where I live it does!
    Thats awesome, what part of Texas?

Similar Threads

  1. This gets me in the holiday spirit
    By Elvira1986 in forum Christmas TV & Movies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 02:29 PM
  2. DO you have the Holiday Spirit?
    By onemagicalchristmas in forum Forum Games & other Fun Things
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr