Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, I'm new:)

That makes me so jealous. The stores around here don't put out anything related to Christmas until late October or the beginning of November. It feels so far away

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadGirl View Post
    Hi all! I just joined these wonderful boards, and I wanted to introduce myself.

I am 19 years old, from Denmark, and I (obviously) love Christmas!! I can not wait for this wonderful season to arrive. My family and friends think I'm crazy for getting excited this early on, but I can't help it

Looking forward to spend som christmas-y time with you all.
    Once again, welcome to the forums GingerbreadGirl! It looks like you're already having a good time posting on all of our threads. I hope you continue to enjoy your time here and I look forward to getting to know you. :D

Take care,
    Bob

Wow, thank you! I am actually planning to study English at the University of Copenhagen next year, and maybe study a year abroad as well.
    Any idea where you would like to study abroad? I still wish I would have taken the time to study abroad somewhere. I've never been out of the US, but hope to vacation overseas in the future with my family.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

That makes me so jealous. The stores around here don't put out anything related to Christmas until late October or the beginning of November. It feels so far away
    I haven't seen too many Christmas decorations out yet, but there are a few stores with some things out. I'm just excited that Halloween decorations are finally coming out!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Thank you! Yeah, I've been posting quite a lot since I joined. I'm just happy to find people who are as excited about Christmas as me

As for your question, I've been thinking about the UK, preferably London. But there are so many nations I want to visit, I've only been to France and Malta. The US is very high on my list, but the UK is just a bit closer to home, and I would like that if I am going to away for a whole year

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    I haven't seen too many Christmas decorations out yet, but there are a few stores with some things out. I'm just excited that Halloween decorations are finally coming out!
    Here in Denmark, Halloween isn't really a big deal, although it's been gaining popularity over the years. Nobody dresses up, but decorations are put up, both in stores and private homes. In Tivoli, Denmark's most famous amusement park, they decorate everything with "scary" things, like jack-o-lanterns, cobwebs and fake ghosts. They also put up small stands everywhere, so that it kind of becomes a small market, where you can buy all kinds of things. It's really wonderful!

Thank you! Yeah, I've been posting quite a lot since I joined. I'm just happy to find people who are as excited about Christmas as me
    We certainly LOVE Christmas here!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadGirl
    As for your question, I've been thinking about the UK, preferably London. But there are so many nations I want to visit, I've only been to France and Malta. The US is very high on my list, but the UK is just a bit closer to home, and I would like that if I am going to away for a whole year
    Any place in Europe sounds good to me...I want to visit a lot of countries in Europe, and hope to one of of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadGirl
    Here in Denmark, Halloween isn't really a big deal, although it's been gaining popularity over the years. Nobody dresses up, but decorations are put up, both in stores and private homes. In Tivoli, Denmark's most famous amusement park, they decorate everything with "scary" things, like jack-o-lanterns, cobwebs and fake ghosts. They also put up small stands everywhere, so that it kind of becomes a small market, where you can buy all kinds of things. It's really wonderful!
    I'll have to look up Tivoli and see what it's all about. I think a friend and co-worker of mine went there this past summer when she went to visit her boyfriend. His company transferred him over to Copenhagen and the pictures she took while visiting over there were wonderful! :D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com