Thread: Hi, I'm new:)

Hybrid View

:gingerbread: Hi, I'm new:)

Hi all! I just joined these wonderful boards, and I wanted to introduce myself.

I am 19 years old, from Denmark, and I (obviously) love Christmas!! I can not wait for this wonderful season to arrive. My family and friends think I'm crazy for getting excited this early on, but I can't help it

Looking forward to spend som christmas-y time with you all.

Welcome, GingerbreadGirl! Your username is cute and your avatar is pretty. I hope you enjoy talking to those of us who are already excited about the coming Christmas!

Thank you

I really like your username, too. I love that song (assuming that's where it's from.)

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadGirl View Post
    Thank you

I really like your username, too. I love that song (assuming that's where it's from.)
    I know you said you are from Denmark, but have you ever lived in England or America?

No, I haven't. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadGirl View Post
    No, I haven't. Why do you ask?
    I know that Europeans usually study English, but some don't speak it as well as you do.

When you said, "My family and friends think I'm crazy for getting excited this early on," I thought you might have lived in Great Britain. The British often say "this early on" whereas Americans would probably say "this early" or "so soon." Don't mind me...the English language fascinates me. I think I pay too much attention to it, but I enjoy every nuance!
    Last edited by Merry Christmas Darling; 09-13-2008 at 09:10 PM.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."