Thread: I'm starting to feel the seasonal tingle!

I'm starting to feel the seasonal tingle!

The summer solstice has only just passed but my moley weather hackles tell me that the turn of the season is upon us already, I've got the sense of something great, yet unseen, moving and a power that we can only vaguely comprehend at work... The seasons are a-changing, way earlier than usual...

And what long-range weather forecasts there are at this time of the year warn of a hard winter ahead...

http://www.exactaweather.com/UK_Long..._Forecast.html

You'd best be ready...
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

We had the hard winter last year here in the northeastern US. I can't imagine two in a row! It's been a very warm summer - no signs of a seasonal change here!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    The summer solstice has only just passed but my moley weather hackles tell me that the turn of the season is upon us already, I've got the sense of something great, yet unseen, moving and a power that we can only vaguely comprehend at work... The seasons are a-changing, way earlier than usual...

And what long-range weather forecasts there are at this time of the year warn of a hard winter ahead...

http://www.exactaweather.com/UK_Long..._Forecast.html

You'd best be ready...
    I just read your post, and I think you might be right! It does seem as if this year is flying by. Next month is August! CRAZY! Christmas will be here before we know it!
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

Yes! Here it is July 5th. Here in the US, once July 4th comes and goes, we start planning for back to school...back to school = fall, fall = Christmas Time's A Coming! Oh my, it is practically here!!!

Summer has really kicked in here in western Canada, and the temps have been up around 30 degrees C. Can't say that the Xmas spirit has been especially strong with me lately! It'll come, though...

It's too hot and humid here to feel any seasonal tingle yet!

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

I don't feel very Christmassy. I'd like to though.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Planning my outside display is a year-round thing. I'm always constructing, painting, or assembling something Christmas-related, so that's kind of fun. My wife thinks I'm nuts since I'm outside painting candy cane stripes on an arch that will go in the front yard!! Weather-wise, our last winter was record-setting in terms of snowfall. I pray nothing like that happens again this year since everyone's outdoor displays were badly impacted. I'll settle for an "average" winter.

Yeah Mike - we had a record winter here as well. We had snow on the ground CONTINUOUSLY from Dec. 26 until April! We usually have three or four bad snowfalls that melt off quickly. So I'm enjoying the summer heat! Generally it starts to cool off in late August/early Sept.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

The seasonal tingle doesn't start with me until the Summer Holidays are over and the
    kids go back to school, then you know it won't be long before the shops start
    preparing....
    Merry Christmas to all...