Thread: Christmas crackers

Christmas crackers

Did you wish for something special to fall out of yours? What was the thing that you most remember getting? Do you buy them ready made or do you make your own?

For me the most memorable thing I had was a miniture set of playing cards, completely unusable of course but I marvelled at how they could be made that small.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Most familiies in the U.S. don't have a tradition of using Christmas crackers. You can buy them, and I did a couple of times, but they are not widely used here.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Next you'll be telling me that you poor people over there don't eat Christmas pudding!
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

aww i love crackers!!

wouldnt be christmas without them!! my auntie makes us one each with a small personal gift in...last year i got a necklace!

i remember getting a mini slinky when i was a kid and playing with it more than my christmas toys all day lol.
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

aww i love crackers!!

wouldnt be christmas without them!! my auntie makes us one each with a small personal gift in...last year i got a necklace!

i remember getting a mini slinky when i was a kid and playing with it more than my christmas toys all day lol.
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

What is a cracker?
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

LOL Mole - Crtackers and Christmas pudding are both British traditions. We have fruitcake which is similar yet different.

LOL Mole - Crackers and Christmas pudding are both British traditions. We have fruitcake which is similar yet different.

We use Xmas crackers all the time here in Canada. I don't make my own -- I buy them in store. Sometimes I like to hide them in the tree and have people find them before we open 'em. I don't know what the best thing I ever found was -- they're usually pretty disappointing. I do still use my Rudolph pencil sharpener that I got once, though! I usually look forward most to the lame paper crowns and jokes. :P

We do Christmas crackers at the extended familys' Christmas Eve dinner. We usually buy them. But this year, on an upcoming Rudolph Day, I want to put together a packet of items and supplies for the pre-teen kids to assemble them. My favorite ones are when the men get to don the pink crowns.
    Joy to You!