Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All The Spam (+ Christmas Recolections Forum)

All The Spam (+ Christmas Recolections Forum)

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check in to let you know that I've emailed our Admin multiple times to help with the Spam situation. I just want to let you know that I've been doing my best, and have honestly banned more than 50+ users in the last few weeks - but it's not really stopping.

ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS RECOLLECTIONS FORUM:
    95% of the Spam is being created in this forum - Since I don't have the ability to completly lock up the forum, I've made it Password-Protected - which essentially means it will be CLOSED until I can sort this out with the Admin.

I'm hoping this will decrease the number of spam posts for the time being - however if they start posting in other forums, I'll simply do my best to stay on top of it there too.

Once again - I'm sorry I can't do more - I only have MOD powers, not ADMIN powers, and clearly the Admins are AWOL for the time being, I appreciate everone's help still - and will do my best to clean up the forum as often as possible.

"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Thanks Chantelle, we know its hard for you but keep going..

Hopefully Admin will be back soon..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Office has been on holiday after christmas. Now we are back and are looking into this problem now! Thanks to Chantelle for all her hard work and for being such a excellent moderator!

Now we are going to attack the spammers!

Thank goodness!

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Thanks....

Hey Everone, I wanted to give you an update on the SPAM Users situation.

Firstly - Admin will be working all week to remove those members that are 'Fake' users. They're very obvious to us as they've entered in similar profile information. Sadly there are thousands of them - so this will take some time.

Also, the registration process has changed, which requires a different form of Human Verification. Hopefully this will stop new fake users from joining for the time being (it's already starting to work - no new Fake Members have been created since they put it in place!).

Next, the Admin has added a NO-GOOGLE script to our profile pages, which means that as Search Engines update over the next few weeks to not index/save these pages. This is good for two reasons. One, the Spammers will be less likley to attack the forum, as they were using this loophole to create Google Links, and two, our own personal profile information will be safe & secure on this site.

Finally - I want to thank everyone as they've stuck with us in the last couple months with the overrun of this problem. I'm happy we've been able to start to fix the issue, and prevent it from happening again. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

(PS: I want to assure everyone that after some reasearch, I can confirm that it was not a former member of this forum doing this damage. The problem has been slowly increasing over about 1yrs time, but only arupted into intense frequency recently. These specific user names have been used on hundreds of other online forums, too.)
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Thank you Chantelle and Admin....

Smile

thank you chantelle and our admin's,it's hard when dealing with spammers but,your doing a great job.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, Chantelle and Admins - it sounds like hard work

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Thank you!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas