Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well....

To me it is obvious that one angry former member is doing this in an effort to bring the forum down. Right now it's me and 42 unknown members on here! One person just keeps joining under different names. Timing wise, I'm pretty sure who it may be!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 02-08-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    To me it is obvious that one angry former member is doing this in an effort to bring the forum down. Right now it's me and 42 unknown members on here! One person just keeps joining under different names. Timing wise, I'm pretty sure who it may be!
    Orgamentmaven - I don't think you're wrong.This is one of the first things I checked!
    Firstly, the user who has been banned, has also been banned from creating new accounts on his IP address.

Whoever is doing this, they're probably using a Bot or Computer Proxy - because one user on one computer would have access to only a few IP addresses, and I've blocked probably near 100 IP addresses in the last few weeks.

Also, 99% of the 'Fake' users aren't posting, and I believe they're joining mostly to use the Profile's for links to websites - to spam for link traffic.

Luckily, I've heard back from the ADMIN and hopefully we'll have this sorted out soon!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I'm sure it's already been discussed, but I know other websites simply include a "code" to confirm that the person registering as a new member is actually a human. I'm talking about one of those things where it shows funny, wavy random letters on a box that you need to re-type in order to validate the registration. I would think that simple step would reduce the spam from invading.

Thanks, Chantelle! Glad to know you're around

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Orgamentmaven - I don't think you're wrong.This is one of the first things I checked!
    Firstly, the user who has been banned, has also been banned from creating new accounts on his IP address.

Whoever is doing this, they're probably using a Bot or Computer Proxy - because one user on one computer would have access to only a few IP addresses, and I've blocked probably near 100 IP addresses in the last few weeks.

Also, 99% of the 'Fake' users aren't posting, and I believe they're joining mostly to use the Profile's for links to websites - to spam for link traffic.

Luckily, I've heard back from the ADMIN and hopefully we'll have this sorted out soon!

Thanks Chantelle...
    Merry Christmas to all...

Computer geeks! Very intellegent when it comes to all things techie and lots of time on their hands as they have no social lives of their own! Their biggest joy is figuring out how to circumvent the system!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Are you opposed to circumvention? HA!!!

Thank you Admin for sorting the problem out... I feel much better now..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    That's exactly what I think too!

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World