Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well....

Angry Well....

I don't know how you other members feel but these spammers are making
    me feel uncomfortable in ATC. I am seriously thinking of quiting as I don't
    find it a pleasure any more.You log on in a morning to find another dozen names that you
    cant understand, its creepy..

Anyway I just thought I'd let you know my feeling to my ATC friends..

Tink..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Smile

I know how you feel tink i report them but,the next day there's more i thought there would be a way to keep them from getting in here as my other sites have good systems and we don't have any issues with this.I really don't want to see you go we have had alot of good times here and made alot of wonderful memories,but,like i said they have to make the security better.

Quote Originally Posted by angelpugs2 View Post
    I know how you feel tink i report them but,the next day there's more i thought there would be a way to keep them from getting in here as my other sites have good systems and we don't have any issues with this.I really don't want to see you go we have had alot of good times here and made alot of wonderful memories,but,like i said they have to make the security better.
    Yeah, I agree angelpugs. I enjoy visiting here everyday but at the moment it
    feels like we are being taken over,even if none of the new members say anything.It
    really makes it uneasy to post.
    I dont think I'll go, just was a bit fed up this morning..

I feel the same way; it's creepy. I was thinking of asking Chantelle if she would like me to moderate; maybe manually approve new members or something. I'm not sure how long I could be a moderator but these days I might be able to handle it.

I've never been a mod before so not sure what it entails though.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKringleforSingles View Post
    I feel the same way; it's creepy. I was thinking of asking Chantelle if she would like me to moderate; maybe manually approve new members or something. I'm not sure how long I could be a moderator but these days I might be able to handle it.

I've never been a mod before so not sure what it entails though.
    I think that's a good idea, something has to be done as its spoiling the forum.
    I like this forum alot..

I'm with you, tink! We can't let the spammers ruin this great site!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I'm with you, tink! We can't let the spammers ruin this great site!

Got to stick together and ride through it...

Smile

As i agree as i have said a few of the other sites that i am a member to have a good system we don't have these issues at all as i think they could put something in place here as well making this a secure site.As most know all it takes is one and you can also get a virus from some of these and we wouldn't want that to happen we need a secure site before something does happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I am here almost every day, and really am physically doing every single thing within my power to help the situation.

To answer a few questions:

1) I think having a moderator approve every single new member is a GREAT IDEA! Sadly, I don't have the ability to turn this feature on for the forum - this needs to be handled by the Admin.

2) I'm banning each and every person who is posting spam - however, the new members who havn't posted cannot be banned by me, again, this is something the Admin needs to do. Ideally I would LOVE to go through and DELETE ALL OF THE ACCOUNTS that are OBVIOUSLY fake - but I don't have this power.

3) I have PM'd and emailed our Admin several times in the last month (I'm sure lots of you have as well) and have not heard back.

For the time being, until they come back OR give me Admin-like power, I cannot do anything else. :(

I'm trying to find an alternate email address/contact info for the Admin than the one I have - I'll keep you updated, and hopefully we will have this fixed soon. I'm really hoping that the Admin will simply give me Admin-type powers so that I can fix the current situation and make sure this type of thing doesn't happen again.

That's the extent of it - PLEASE try to stick with me as I do my best in a really bad situation. Thanks.

Chantelle.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I am here almost every day, and really am physically doing every single thing within my power to help the situation.

To answer a few questions:

1) I think having a moderator approve every single new member is a GREAT IDEA! Sadly, I don't have the ability to turn this feature on for the forum - this needs to be handled by the Admin.

2) I'm banning each and every person who is posting spam - however, the new members who havn't posted cannot be banned by me, again, this is something the Admin needs to do. Ideally I would LOVE to go through and DELETE ALL OF THE ACCOUNTS that are OBVIOUSLY fake - but I don't have this power.

3) I have PM'd and emailed our Admin several times in the last month (I'm sure lots of you have as well) and have not heard back.

For the time being, until they come back OR give me Admin-like power, I cannot do anything else. :(

I'm trying to find an alternate email address/contact info for the Admin than the one I have - I'll keep you updated, and hopefully we will have this fixed soon. I'm really hoping that the Admin will simply give me Admin-type powers so that I can fix the current situation and make sure this type of thing doesn't happen again.

That's the extent of it - PLEASE try to stick with me as I do my best in a really bad situation. Thanks.

Chantelle.
    Thanks Chantelle we all know you are working hard for the forum. We were not
    questioning your ability at all...
    I think the fack that Admin has not been around doesn't help matter..

Thanks again and keep up the good work...