No christmas blues for me..
No christmas blues for me..
Merry Christmas to all...
I know what you mean..
For all of us, who love Christmas, January and perhaps some days of February, is the time where we are not in such Christmas mood and feel awful, I have to admit.. (for me, it all ends after Christmas day..)
Well, as far as me is concerned, Christmas is always here..
In my heart, in my Christmas cds, in my books, even in my cookies whenever I decide to bake, one cold night of winter.
I even have some lights in my bedroom and when I go to sleep, you may laugh, but, honestly, feels like Christmas in there..
Its up to us guys, I think, not to let Christmas go away..
Lets not forget that there are so many other ways to keep our Christmas spirit up..
- Search/surf for Christmas things in Internet and why not, start looking for Christmas gifts for next Christmas..
- Watch a fav Christmas movie in a cold winter night
- Have a glass of red wine, while listening to our fav Christmas cd
- Post in our forum and share everything with our friends who definitely need us, this period that Christmas is over
- Making a blog and write everything you want about our fav Holiday. (I do that, almost every day..)
- Chestnuts roasting on an open fire??
- Making a Christmas puzzle!! (I did it last March, it took me almost a month to finish with it, I strongly suggest you try that, really helps a lot!)
- Making Christmas videos with your fav photos and songs!!
- Start searching for Christmas movies or songs that are about to be released next Holidays!!
- Write a Christmas story!!! (Im on page 4, right now!!)
Hhmmm.. What do you say about all, these??
Last edited by olga; 02-16-2011 at 08:37 PM.
And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)
I too get the after X-mas blues. I cope with it by shopping for next season. This also allows me to spread out the costs! I also listen to Christmas music. We have a craft store called Hobby Lobby. In June, they start putting their Christmas stuff early for people who like to do Christmas crafts. I LOVE that store. So for me, it helps to go down the store isles and look at all of the shiny new Christmas decorations. To me, it makes me feel as Christmas is right around the corner.
I agree! We have a Hobby Lobby where I live and it totally excites me when they start putting out Christmas stuff, even if it is 100 degrees outside! That is actually one of the things that lifts my blues as well...when you think that it is only about 4 more months til they start putting the Christmas items out, it doesn't make it seem like Christmas is soooo far away! I love those little pick me ups! Also, I was in a store this weekend and saw a Christmas CD that was on clearance from this past season...I totally bought it and may listen to it this week!
Who says Christmas has to be confined to the month of December? NOT ME!
Thanks, Olga for all of those great suggestions. I will look into doing some of them. You said you have a blog? Share the link with us! As you can see, I also maintain one.
I sure do get after Christmas blues ... January and February are sooooo boring. Eating lots of valentine and Easter candy helps me get thru the winter months