Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting Everything Away

Unhappy

All done

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Done except for the few things that are frozen in the snow outside!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Inside, we finished LAST weekend. Outside, I've barely touched anything. We're in the harshest cold snap so far this year! I'm not going to go out and climb on a ladder, and pull up frozen, buried extension cords until it's a bit warmer.

Agreed Mike
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I'm getting closer to being done. I've been lazy. But yesterday I took a lot of boxes to the basement!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Our tree is STILL up, here. I've been out of the country lately, so we haven't had a chance to take it down. It's coming down this weekend, though. I did put the nutcrackers away two nights ago.

:tree:

Well, the tree and all the decorations are down and put away for another year. Always a hard thing to move on after Christmas. Left the lights up and on outside, though. A sort of last hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Well, the tree and all the decorations are down and put away for another year. Always a hard thing to move on after Christmas. Left the lights up and on outside, though. A sort of last hurrah.
    Funny...there is a house on my block that has one little string of lights on their front porch. I think they are on a timer and they just forgot about them, because they are still coming on every night. My 4 year old loves to see them though! He is still asking if we can drive around and look at lights. Poor little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Funny...there is a house on my block that has one little string of lights on their front porch. I think they are on a timer and they just forgot about them, because they are still coming on every night. My 4 year old loves to see them though! He is still asking if we can drive around and look at lights. Poor little guy.
    Yeah, ours are on a timer, too. We're far from the being the last to take down the lights, though. It's been particularly snowy and cold here lately (-20 to -30 C), so people aren't itching to to get up on a ladder to take down their lights.

I put away my blow molds, and other stuff that was sitting out on the ground. I am still about 2 weeks away from dragging out the ladder to snip down the awning and window lights. I had to use a hammer to un-attach a few cords that had frozen to the ground.