Thread: Day After Christmas Sale Acquisitions

Hybrid View

Day After Christmas Sale Acquisitions

My wife and I are habitual day after Christmas shoppers; most of our large collection of decorations was acquired at the day after sales through the years. On occasion we have had to split up so we could each be at one of our favorite stores when the doors open. We have even scouted out things we are interested in on Christmas Eve so we know right where to go on the day after. I have even gone as far as moving a desired decoration to another part of the store to improve my chances (all is fair in love and decoration acquisition). This year we had it easy as Macyís opened at seven Dillardís at eleven and our favorite Hallmark at noon. Here is a picture of this years haul.

The Waterford blown glass ornaments, the Department 56 buildings, the Hallmark ornaments and gift-wrap were all 50% off. The Lenox glass ornaments were 60% off and the Nutcrackers and Christmas cards were 75% off. Any other after Christmas sale junkies out there letís see what you got.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    My wife and I are habitual day after Christmas shoppers; most of our large collection of decorations was acquired at the day after sales through the years. On occasion we have had to split up so we could each be at one of our favorite stores when the doors open. We have even scouted out things we are interested in on Christmas Eve so we know right where to go on the day after. I have even gone as far as moving a desired decoration to another part of the store to improve my chances (all is fair in love and decoration acquisition). This year we had it easy as Macyís opened at seven Dillardís at eleven and our favorite Hallmark at noon. Here is a picture of this years haul.

The Waterford blown glass ornaments, the Department 56 buildings, the Hallmark ornaments and gift-wrap were all 50% off. The Lenox glass ornaments were 60% off and the Nutcrackers and Christmas cards were 75% off. Any other after Christmas sale junkies out there letís see what you got.
    You have been busy ..... Papa...
    Merry Christmas to all...

Looks good Papa. Makes you all excited about next year's Christmas, right?

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I just stocked up on a BUNCH of new outdoor lights to add for next year!! I also got a little gum drop tree to add to the yard! I bought a bunch of red "temporary" fence posts so next year, I can run lights all the way around my yard, like a fence. I still have a few more things to buy, but the bulk of my lighting needs will already be met when we get to next November!!!

Looks nice.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

nice haul of quality Christmas stuff