Thread: Christmas Fun Hiding and Finding Elfie

:gift: Christmas Fun Hiding and Finding Elfie

Looking for a unique Christmas gift for families with kids? Check out my website www.hoorayforelfie.com.

This tradition is fun for all ages. Elfie arrives shortly after Thanksgiving and hides in various places around the house for young and old to find. Santa receives reports from Elfie regarding who has been naughty and who is nice.

Great affordable storybook, CD, Elf doll and gift pack.

I don't think that should become a tradition. All children should receive the gifts because they are loved not because they behaved from Thanksgiving till Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I don't think that should become a tradition. All children should receive the gifts because they are loved not because they behaved from Thanksgiving till Christmas.
    I think "Elfie" is just a helper of Santa's who serves as a physical reminder that he's always watching you. It's not something I would ever get for my children, but I think the overall concept is OK. I definitely agree that all children should receive gifts because they are loved. After all, Santa has been known for his kindness and generosity throughout history, with his roots even being the patron saint of children.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

CaolinaMac

I checked out your website, it's a cute website and hey most of us growing up heard that if we were not good we would get a lump of coal in presents times coal to keep us warm is considered a pricey special gift. Many of the Christmas songs have the phrase "you better be good" concerning Santa.

Anyway, I was raised believing that I had to be good to get gifts but yet it wasn't enforced it was just a "tradition" and I don't see anything wrong with these traditions that have to do with make believe.

Thanks for sharing your idea and I'm sure that some will find it a cute idea which can be used in a postivie light.

Looking forward to more post from you.

LOL, I don't know why that smiley is in my post, I did not put him there, the word "present" should be there instead of the smiley.

Quote Originally Posted by noelglori View Post
    LOL, I don't know why that smiley is in my post, I did not put him there, the word "present" should be there instead of the smiley.
    It has to do with the codes for the smileys...I've got to get the guys to change it because every time anyone types the word " present " the presents smiley automatically gets inserted. Sorry about that!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

LOL, oh ok that explains it. I know I didn't do anything to make it appear. No need to apologize, I think it's cute.

We have a vintage cupie elf that we put in our tree and I move him somewhere else everyday until christmas..it's just a fun thing for my husband Ron or our 16yr old son Nole will come home from school and say I don't see the elf where is it? No reward for finding him just adds a lil fun for Christmas..
    Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
    Theresa, Ron & Nolan & Misty the cat

that is interesting. I think it adds mystery to the holiday for them. thanks for sharing