Thread: Problems with lights???

Problems with lights???

Happy Holidays to All,
    I have some string lights that I use for decorations. Every year we have the same problem. Some of the strings go out due to bad bulbs, bulbs coming loose, breaking etc. It would not be such a big deal if the lights weren't so high up that hubby is dragging out the ladder about every other day to fix them. I was thinking of replacing them with strings of led lights. Do you think that I will have the same problems with leds? Dont want to spend the money on them if that does not fix my problems. Do the led bulbs go out/break like the regular mini lights? What problems have been associated with leds?
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Happy Holidays to All,
    I have some string lights that I use for decorations. Every year we have the same problem. Some of the strings go out due to bad bulbs, bulbs coming loose, breaking etc. It would not be such a big deal if the lights weren't so high up that hubby is dragging out the ladder about every other day to fix them. I was thinking of replacing them with strings of led lights. Do you think that I will have the same problems with leds? Dont want to spend the money on them if that does not fix my problems. Do the led bulbs go out/break like the regular mini lights? What problems have been associated with leds?
    TIA
    i got LED lights and i never have any problems with them,i say go for it

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Happy Holidays to All,
    TIA
    We have loads of LED's and they are great, because if a bulb goes its just
    that one and the whole string will stay alight...I would go for it..
    Merry Christmas to all...

blackdove Guest
    LED lights tend to last longer, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdove View Post
    LED lights tend to last longer, I think.
    yes they do,i got LED lights so i know the answer to that

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    LEDs last WAY longer. However, they are also significantly more expensive. Also, when one goes out, you cannot replace a single bulb. Also, LEDs use a fraction of the electricity that a standard incandescent bulb uses. So, if you use a lot of lights, like I do, then it's more efficient for you as well. Plus, you can put a LOT more strings on one outlet because they draw such little power.

I got the LED lights and they are working fine. Happy Holidays