Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meditation/Stress Relief

Meditation/Stress Relief

I notice many of my American friends have been going through the perils of bad economy, no job, bills need to be paid. You cannot worry about the things you have no control over if you can't control problem yourself.

I am a firm believer of Shinto..which is Japanese religion..not be confused with Buddhism. I have shinto shrine in my house I sit in front of everyday to bow to twice and thank each day I wake up. I also sit down at end of the day light candles and play related zen music. It helps ease stress and better sleep. Please my American friends, try this. Even if you are Christian it is good for the mind, body soul. Take time at the end of your day before you retire and meditate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qqmwsxFOK4

hello
    I was looking into Shinto few years ago could you recommend some online sites
    thank you & greetings

When I encounter stress, I think of the serenity prayer:

Serenity Prayer
    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

(Although known most widely in its abbreviated form above,
    the entire prayer reads as follows...)

Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Heard of this - sounds good. I, personally, deal with stress with exercise. It's true - doing physical activity releases stress hormones and tension in your muscles. Running, punching a bag, push ups - very good for the body.

If you folks have something to share, go for it! these are great examples. I love cultural exchange. I also enjoy Language exchange other than English and Japanese, I also know Okinawan dialect. I'm also learning Spanish right now too. I see myself as adventurous other than meditation, I see traveling/vacationing fun. My goal is to visit ALL of the areas during conflict of WWII in the pacific. I want to become an historian one day. So far, I been to Okinawa to see to caves. Saipan. The Marshall islands and Guadalcanal. I am going to Iwo Jima this February on the anniversary of the invasion. I also will meet family this December in Hawaii and I'd like to be there for the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. It shouldn't be called that. It was a horrible day of "infamy" I am nervous to go there. But I think I want to see even it make me cry.

I know this destination has nothing to do with WWII, but I'd also like to go to the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX. I am a very big fan of them. they are also popular with Japanese. teams like the Oakland Raiders also are popular there. American Football is finally becoming more popular back home in japan
    Last edited by Yukari; 10-13-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: One more thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    If you folks have something to share, go for it! these are great examples. I love cultural exchange. I also enjoy Language exchange other than English and Japanese, I also know Okinawan dialect. I'm also learning Spanish right now too. I see myself as adventurous other than meditation, I see traveling/vacationing fun. My goal is to visit ALL of the areas during conflict of WWII in the pacific. I want to become an historian one day. So far, I been to Okinawa to see to caves. Saipan. The Marshall islands and Guadalcanal. I am going to Iwo Jima this February on the anniversary of the invasion. I also will meet family this December in Hawaii and I'd like to be there for the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor. It shouldn't be called that. It was a horrible day of "infamy" I am nervous to go there. But I think I want to see even it make me cry.

I know this destination has nothing to do with WWII, but I'd also like to go to the Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX. I am a very big fan of them. they are also popular with Japanese. teams like the Oakland Raiders also are popular there. American Football is finally becoming more popular back home in japan
    History is very, very interesting, but war is always sad. I've been interested in Texas history in particular lately:

CAME TO TEXAS IN 1838

Mrs. H. C. Mayes, Carlsbad, Texas
    My father, William Rodney Baker, moved from Terre Haute, Indiana, to Austin, Texas, in 1838. I was then six weeks old. My brother, Nelson Baker, was the first white child born in Austin. Father moved from Austin to a place ten miles south of the village on Onion Creek. On February 1, 1842, father and my uncle, Silas Sherman, 17 years old, went out after the milk cows and never came back. Next morning they were found dead and scalped by Indians. They had cut out father's heart and badly mutilated his body. From the signs found there a desperate battle had taken place. Broken arrows were scattered about, the bark knocked off trees, and father's gun barrel was bent, showing that he had used it as a club against his foes after he had exhausted his supply of ammunition...

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/books/texa...38-c-0942.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    History is very, very interesting, but war is always sad.
    I am interested in it because my grandfather served in the IJN and was also a fighter pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    I am interested in it because my grandfather served in the IJN and was also a fighter pilot.
    Did he survive?

I just take an anti-anxiety pill.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Did he survive?
    Yes. He is 93 years old..he had been asked by the History Channel of A&E Networks for several interviews on upcoming documentaries..but he refused.