Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Snow

In the service we had a stop over in England before heading to Turkey. We ended up getting delayed in England because of a "snow storm" -- I put that in quotes because there was only about 4 inches of snow on the ground. I was talking with a couple of the brits in a common area while we waited to fly again and they were telling me that the UK gets snow but never more than a couple inches at a time so this was a BIG DEAL. I suppose our ideas what constitutes snow might be a bit different.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    In the service we had a stop over in England before heading to Turkey. We ended up getting delayed in England because of a "snow storm" -- I put that in quotes because there was only about 4 inches of snow on the ground. I was talking with a couple of the brits in a common area while we waited to fly again and they were telling me that the UK gets snow but never more than a couple inches at a time so this was a BIG DEAL. I suppose our ideas what constitutes snow might be a bit different.
    Yeah, we get all excited about a couple of inches of snow..
    Merry Christmas to all...

:snow:

Well one thing is for sure, there won't be any snowfalling here for Christmas...or ever

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

i wish i had snow for christmas. sucks withoout it

Snow expected for Saturday night here! Hope to have the Living room christmas tree up by then at least!

Yeah Fezziwig - I grew up in Upstate NY - in the snowbelt near Syracuse. We measured our snow in feet, not inches. I remember the blizzard of 1966 - you couldn't even see the one story houses in our neighborhood. Six feet of snow followed by 3 days of intense wind. One grocery store was open but it wasn't getting any deliveries and only two people were working. (They were sleeping there). My father and the neighbor went by snowmobile to the dairy farm to get milk! Schools and work were closed for a week! My parents were civilian employees at Griffiss Air Force Base in Rome, NY and even it was closed! My sister and I only left the house once that whole week. We went outside, walked around the house once (the wind had blown a narrow passageway next to the house) then rushed in the house - freezing! It was a memorable event for sure!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It's snowing again.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

Well, Weather has changed again and it looks as though it wont be snowing this Saturday night! I knew I shouldn't of got my hopes up!

Now it's going to be snowing on Friday ALL DAY and going to be as low as -7

We're getting (wet) snow tomorrow(first time this year.)And they are predicting the real deal for Thursday or Friday.

Located in the east of Holland(which is about an hour away from the west haha)