Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inflatables, Cute or Tacky?

I tried quoting HolidaySeason's post but, for some reason, after adding my message and trying to post it, I just got odd messages saying my message was too short (which it wasn't) and was I sure I wanted to leave the page, which I did and then my message didn't show up. haven't had any trouble before. hmmm....

anyway, HolidaySeason, I agree with you about appreciating different tastes in celebrating Christmas. however, when I look at that second house, I can't help but giggle because it is just SO tacky. No wonder it is listed under 'how not to decorate' lol
    Last edited by steph535; 09-17-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by steph535 View Post
    I tried quoting HolidaySeason's post but, for some reason, after adding my message and trying to post it, I just got odd messages saying my message was too short (which is wasn't) and was I sure I wanted to leave the page, which I did and then my message didn't show up. haven't had any trouble before. hmmm....

anyway, HolidaySeason, I agree with you about appreciating different tastes in celebrating Christmas. however, when I look at that second house, I can't help but giggle because it is just SO tacky. No wonder it is listed under 'how not to decorate' lol
    The second house reminds me of Toontown at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    The second house reminds me of Toontown at Disneyland.
    lol, yes

Cute of course, also they can be easily set up and stored.

To me, and this is just my opinion, it's kind of a cheat on decorating. You unbox it, unroll it, plug it in, and let it go... Seems like an easy way to fill your yard and house space up with decorations. I mean it's their option to do so, but I pass on them every year, just not my thing.

First of all, the Pottery Barn picture is beautiful. I may try to incorporate some of that into my front porch this year. Second, the picture with the lights lining the drive is very nice. I bought enough (I hope!) lights and stakes to do that to our driveway this year. Third, the inflatables in the picture look like they're making the house cave in. I don't mind the inflatables. Everyone should decorate as they see fit. But that does appear to be a bit much.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

The inflatables can be cute, if done right. One or two at most - at any one time. Stick with a theme - the inflatables need to complement the rest of your decorations. I really do not like to see the inflatables lying on the ground when they are not turned on. It looks like something died!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It depends on how the inflatables are displayed, i have seen really nice and simple lights displays with the inflatable as the centre piece and i have seen them displayed in a way which goes beyond tacky

Cute OF COURSE!!

Went to my local garden centre and my little girl fell in love with their inflatable Santa and Rudolf sleigh