Thread: UK Topic/BBC this Haloween

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK

UK Topic/BBC this Haloween

The BBC seem to have reached new hights of confusion, now I am against people who think that it is offensive to describe a black person as black infact I think it is more offensive to not describe a black person as black as it does not matter if you are black or white, however if you believe that is offensive to describe someone a black at least stick to that, well that's not what the BBC are doing... On Physcoville: Haloween special 1 of the characters said it was offensive to have a black doll named Jamjar(again people are black and white and dolls are made in the image of people) however on Family Guy, 1 of the characters had a pun about a going out with a box of crayons which was cinnamon in color now as offensive as treating black people differently to white people when describing appearances is it is even more offensive to say something is offensive 1 time and say something is not another which is exactly what the BBC is doing and the greatest offense is to the tax payer who has to pay for there TV licence when the BBC can't even agree on wether it is offensive to call a black person black. The BBC is clearly offending black people by saying that it is offensive to describe a black person as black or to have black dolls with white dolls so that dolls are multicultural and are offending the taxpayer by being so offensively confused on wether it is acceptable to openly discuss wether or not it is someone is black or infact any subject that the BBC involves in Television they broardcast. The spookiest thing about this is that the confused warped view the BBC has on everything it is remotley involved in is not just a trick for Haloween.

Well I have never found the term Black to be offensive nor has any 'Black' person whom I have spoken with. In the US the more Politically Correct Term is "African American" but casually saying the word Black doesn't really bring on a sense of Bigotry or Racism in my opinion. I mean, I am white-- I have no problem being called white-- I check the little box marked "White/Non-Hispanic" when I fill out a something for Polling or Employment-- technically I suppose you would say that I am Caucasian but really its just one in the same.

Whites in this nation (the United States) are broke down Ethnically more than by the color of their skin-- my Italian Grandfather was often called "Ginny" or "Dago".

I had always thought the United Kingdom was a lot better off than the US when it came to Racial Equality but then I had heard an interview with a man who came to the US to play Soccer (football) for the RedBulls and said that he liked America much more than Eourpe because there wasn't as much racism.

Oh well who knows. Once you start talking about race it becomes a really touchy and often confusing topic.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    Well I have never found the term Black to be offensive nor has any 'Black' person whom I have spoken with. In the US the more Politically Correct Term is "African American" but casually saying the word Black doesn't really bring on a sense of Bigotry or Racism in my opinion. I mean, I am white-- I have no problem being called white-- I check the little box marked "White/Non-Hispanic" when I fill out a something for Polling or Employment-- technically I suppose you would say that I am Caucasian but really its just one in the same.

Whites in this nation (the United States) are broke down Ethnically more than by the color of their skin-- my Italian Grandfather was often called "Ginny" or "Dago".

I had always thought the United Kingdom was a lot better off than the US when it came to Racial Equality but then I had heard an interview with a man who came to the US to play Soccer (football) for the RedBulls and said that he liked America much more than Eourpe because there wasn't as much racism.

Oh well who knows. Once you start talking about race it becomes a really touchy and often confusing topic.
    No it's not the term black that is offensive, it's suggesting the term black is offensive that's offensive. And as a rule the BBC is even more confused then you or me.