Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Papa's Decorating Marathon 2010

Absolutley scintillating and effervescent Papa !!!

Well done Papa! Are you going to put some decorations and laminetta on your tree too?
    Mother Christmas

Get your FREE copy of 101 Christmas Decorating Ideas at http://www.christmasdecorating101.com

Thanks everyone for your kind comments

Still have to take those outside pics yet but there coming soon.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

I like your decorations! Now I have to ask ----- where do you store all that stuff? And do you keep it sorted according to the room it will decorate?

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I like your decorations! Now I have to ask ----- where do you store all that stuff? And do you keep it sorted according to the room it will decorate?

I have over 40 plastic tubs I store everything in. They are labeled by the room they are for or in the case of the ornaments they are labeled by the tree they go on. Some go in the attic some in the closets the rest along with the trees are stored under the train layout.It is such a huge undertaking that I try to make it as organized as possible.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    I have over 40 plastic tubs I store everything in. They are labeled by the room they are for or in the case of the ornaments they are labeled by the tree they go on. Some go in the attic some in the closets the rest along with the trees are stored under the train layout.It is such a huge undertaking that I try to make it as organized as possible.
    I live in a condo right now and have minimal room to story my Xmas decorations. I'm looking forward to the day when I move into a larger home and can buy more decorations because I'll have a basement to store it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I live in a condo right now and have minimal room to story my Xmas decorations. I'm looking forward to the day when I move into a larger home and can buy more decorations because I'll have a basement to store it all!
    My basement turned into a hoarder's basement! It's so bad that our daughter sent me the following email:

Hoarders: If you have so much crap in your basement that you are unaware a homeless person is living down there you might have a problem.

I gave away my 7-ft. tree, some 1970 ornaments, and my Dept. 56 New England Village. I still can't walk safely in my basement. My goal for 2011 is to part with lots more. But I'm not mailing my junk to anyone. It's going to family, Salvation Army, and Goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    Wow! That's really nice since your house is large. We live in a cracker box. I think our house is 1400 square feet.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

:tree:

papa i just love your home it's so beautiful i love the tree with the train and village this made me smile to see something this beautiful especially while i'm enjoying a nice quiet morning what a way to start the day it's amazing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MW - we have a small house too AND a hoarder's basement as well! At least the upstairs is neat and clean!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas