Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you not enjoy about christmas?

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilia View Post
    I don't like the idea of forgetting what is the real meaning of Christmas. It's not all about the presents and all that stuff - it has become too materialistic. What comes to me, I think the real meaning of Christmas is relaxing, not stressing and no fussing, just having a family around and enjoying the Christmas spritit, not forget the food and snow. I like to give presents to be honest and I liked to have presents when I was just a kid, but that's not of course the same today.
    Well, there is that...oh yeah, and that little thing about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.

I don't like when its all over! That is why I try to do so much to make it perfect! Which ends up being too much!~
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    I don't like when its all over! That is why I try to do so much to make it perfect! Which ends up being too much!~
    I agree with you. But is it really too much?

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

haha - I wouldn't have it any other way!

the throngs of crowds which make the stores hotter than they need to be.

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com

Yes - when I was at the mall this past weekend, it was mobbed! Several stores were extremely hot and everyone was complaining

And I don't like the clearing up after it is all over, not matter how many times I try to hoover the floor those pesky silver glints of tinsel still mock me. It adds a certain pathos to the inevitable January depression...
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Cleaning up is a hassle. That is one of the reasons I went with an artificial tree about 10 years ago! I couldn't take finding pine needles in corners months later!

I don't like how my girlfriends mother keeps a running tally on how many times I have traveled down stairs to the beer fridge on Christmas Eve. I also don't like how her 90 year old grandmother puts her hand on my lap and tells me how much I look like her dead husband Charlie.

Ofcourse I am joking around a little, but I have spoken to my girlfriend a couple of times about it and she just laughs!!

Other than that there is nothing I dislike in the least about Christmas.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    For me it's the crowds of shoppers. I try to get everything done as soon as possible so as to avoid the stressful, chaotic throng. In a crowd your symbol cane goes unnoticed, I wonder if wrapping tinsel around it and wearing some christmas flashing LED badges would help?
    I don't think it would help at all. We visited a church with our grandson. He had his cane. Not one person said, "Hello." Obviously they had to realize that they'd never seen us before! I think people tend to not care about anything except the rush they are in.