Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so excited!

I'm so excited!

I am so excited about Christmas this year! I missed last year due to the fact my twins were born prematurely on the 23rd December! I was in hospital with them in the SCBU on Christmas eve, Christmas Day, Boxing day and over new years so I missed almost the entire holiday season! It was heart-breaking as I have a 2 year old and I missed her 2nd Christmas :-(

This year, I've decided that as I missed Christmas last year I am going to celebrate for twice as long this year and have started the countdown and festivities now on 1st November (I usually start in December).

Christmas is going to be so special. I will have my whole family (me, hubby, DD1 and twins DD2&3) together and it will be the first Christmas where my oldest daughter actually understands what is going on!

I'm going to do everything going this year to make Christmas as awesome as possible. I'm talking making cards with my little ones, I'm thinking blasting Christmas music through my house while me and my 2 year old dance around and bake mince pies, while also making Christmas cards and watching Christmas movies!! I'm going to check out when all the churches are holding their carol services and plan on going to as many as I can. I'll be taking my girls to Santa's grotto in Williams and Griffins and to the zoo's Christmas event and, even though I've already bought all the presents I need to get, I'll be taking them late night shopping to see the fake snow blown across the town! :-)

I'm waiting for December before I start to decorate the house because I don't want us to be bored of the decorations by the time Christmas gets here, but I'll be putting my Christmas CD in the car tomorrow and the card-making and Christmas-themed-baking can commence right away!

So, because of the fact I missed it last year, I am having twice as much holiday this year and I invite everybody else to join in and start early, too!

I unofficially declare it holiday season NOW, people! Bring it on! Lets start card-making, baking, decorating, family-visiting, christmas-music-listening, wine-mulling & carol singing! Hooray! Happy holidays! :-)

Well i hope you have a fantastic christmas, Christmas_mama...

I know what its like to have little premature babies..

Merry Christmas to all...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas time this year!

my 2010 christmas season started 26/12/2009

it is a shame you missed last christmas, but it was spent bringing new life to this planet, which IMHO, is probably the best gift you could get
    ~Michael

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Hope it's a precious celebration for you and your family!

Thank you everyone :-) It's lovely to be among like-minded people who are just as into the Christmas spirit as I am!

Quote Originally Posted by mikaldinho View Post
    my 2010 christmas season started 26/12/2009

it is a shame you missed last christmas, but it was spent bringing new life to this planet, which IMHO, is probably the best gift you could get
    Yeah I can see what you're trying to say Unfortunately the reality was that having them prematurely was a lot of worry and aside from the fact it meant I was away from my family at Christmas time it was so stressful and uspetting seeing them so small and poorly, and in incubators where I couldn't touch them or feed them, when they should have been in my tummy being looked after by me!... Honestly the best gift I could have had was my family together and my babies still in my womb! But it wasn't meant to be and I guess they were so excited about Christmas that they must have come early just so they didn't miss it! lol

But this year is going to be SO awesome! We have a special double-birthday to celebrate on Christmas Eve-Eve and my twins are thriving, healthy, happy babies and my nearly-three year old is really going to get what's going on this time around and be really into it :D This year will make all of last year worth it :-)

May it be the best Christmas yet!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Smile

I hope the best for you and your family Christmas-mama. Seems you had your Christmas miracle last year. Your babies and you got the strengh you needed to make it. You and all your family deserve to have twice as good Christmas this year.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

You didn't miss christmas, you had two wonderful presents! I hope that both of them are OK.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    You didn't miss christmas, you had two wonderful presents! I hope that both of them are OK.
    Yes thank you they are both thriving now! I can't believe they will be turning ONE on Christmas eve eve!! The year has gone so fast...

I did miss Christmas, though. I was away from my husband and my two year old. Stuck alone in hospital... No decorations, no Christmas meal, no family! Not much Christmas without all of those things - I even missed all the Christmas telly!

I realise I was blessed with babies, but they came at a bad time and them coming early was not a good thing! It was far from a present to have them at Christmas, them coming early was worrying and scary and it ruined Christmas! If they could have hung on just a month or two more, that would have been the best present of all...

But it's done now and it's in the past and we're all happy, healthy and together and this year will surely be the best Christmas yet! :D Thank you for all yoru messages :-) I wish you all a super happy Christmas, too x