Thread: A Classic Christmas CD

Red face A Classic Christmas CD

I got a Christmas collection from internet, a few hours ago. Classical tunes my friends, always take me back to my childhood..
    Honestly, I become really excited when I get versions of Carols/songs I have not listened to, so, I love adding another CD on my Christmas music library.

Forgot to mention, I found the cd in the price of 4 euros and some day next week will be delivered.

So, here are the songs of The Ultimate Collection of Christmas Classics and Carols

1. Deck The Hall - Alfred Newman/Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra
    2.Troika From Lieutenant Kij Ú Klaus Tennstedt/London Philharmonic Orchestra
    3. I Saw Three Ships - Clare College Singers and Orchestra/John Rutter
    4. Cantique De Noel (O Holy Night) (1996 Digital Remaster) - Carmen Dragon & The Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra
    5. Sleigh Ride - Hallé Orchestra/Maurice Handford
    6. O Little Town Of Bethlehem - Simon Vaughan/Clare College Singers, Cambridge/Clare College Orchestra, Cambridge/John Rutter
    7. Ding Dong! Merrily On High (1993 Digital Remaster) - Bach Choir/Sir David Willcocks/Jacques Orchestra
    8. Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring From Cantata No. 147 (Arr. Marriner) [Short Version] - Sir Neville Marriner/Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields
    10. Fantasia On Christmas Carols - Stephen Roberts/London Symphony Chorus/London Symphony Orchestra/Richard Hickox
    11. The Seasons: Bacchanale (From Autumn) - Yevgeny Svetlanov/Philharmonia Orchestra
    12. Sleigh Ride (Winter Night) - Northern Sinfonia of England/Richard Hickox
    13. Hansel And Gretel Overture (2001 Digital Remaster) - André Previn/London Symphony Orchestra3
    14. Stille Nacht
    15. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (1996 Digital Remaster) - Carmen Dragon & The Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra
    16. Once In Royal David's City (1988 Digital Remaster) - Clare College Singers, Cambridge/Clare College Orchestra, Cambridge/Jeremy Blandford/John Rutter
    17. The First Nowell - Barry Rose/Pro Arte Orchestra3
    18. In Dulci Jubilo (Arr. Rutter) (1988 Digital Remaster) - Clare College Singers, Cambridge/Clare College Orchestra, Cambridge/Jeremy Blandford/John Rutter
    19. O Come All Ye Faithful - Barry Rose/Pro Arte Orchestra
    20. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

p.s. I find it just wonderful to get Christmas stuff when Christmas is not here. Thats the beauty of loving Christmas every single day!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I shop thrift stores year-round to buy super-cheap Christmas CDs!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I always have my eyes open for something special
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Just got two more collections, I really enjoy listening to real classic Christmas carols. Enough with old these 20 pop Christmas hits..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    p.s. I find it just wonderful to get Christmas stuff when Christmas is not here. Thats the beauty of loving Christmas every single day!!
    Me, too!

I've had my eye on this:
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.