Thread: I'm losing my sparkle!

I'm losing my sparkle!

I went to the Keydell Nursery Christmas shop to see their annual display. sadly it seems as if it has suffered the effects of the credit crunch. I felt that it was far inferior to previous years There were no stuffed Polar bears (600), life-size nativity sets (250), or animated singing Santas (240), the most novel and expensive things that I saw there were a conical plastic 4ft pre-lit LED Christmas tree (384) and a half-scale resin caroling family (145). Even the miniture winter wonderland village was a bare scrap of what it used to be. At least we were spared the more grotesque items. Electronic Bird Flu turkeys, wring the neck of your own interactive bird for only 5.99, and the decapitated singing reindeer head that sang Elvis songs, yours for only 205. Or the sensory overload that I have suffered on previous visits, though I wish that they would turn down the christmas music and at the very least give the CD a good clean, Karen Carpenter singing 'Have yourself a merry little Christmas' would sound so much bet-t-t-t-er without jumping.

So far, and perhaps understandably, there is no weblink to this years' display so you'll have to look up the christmas menu on the left hand side of the home page to make up your own minds.

http://www.keydellnurseries.co.uk/

And my loss of sparkle? I feel a bit low and depressed, this has happened before during the festive season, I know that we don't get the christmas that we hope for but I feel a certain fizz has already gone out of the season. I hope I can lose the blues and not suffer a Blue, blue blue christmas.
    Last edited by Moley; 10-05-2010 at 08:26 PM.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

Snowman is offline Naughty & Nice List Keeper
    Cheer up Mole try this Christmas cracker joke!

HEAR about the man that collected five thousand door knockers?
    He won a nobel prize.

I have noticed the same thing here. All of our stores have their fall decorations out. The shelves are sparse. It is depressing to see it. It wasn't like this last year. I am afraid it will be like this at Christmas. It may make me loose some sparkle too!

I'm a little the same - we went to the local garden centre at the weekend. They always ALWAYS have the display ready for the first weekend in October - but it wasnt this year. I was sooooooo disappointed, so were the children.

The just said come back in a week or two and it will be finished. Dont they understand this is a family tradition for us, we come on the same weekend EVERY year!

Har hum

At last! They've updated their weblink!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    At last! They've updated their weblink!

Enjoy!

Well, I'm officially jealous of having a place like this near you. We don't. I really want to have Tea with Santa too!!! :P
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

As with most things, the video looks better than real life.