Thread: I've decided on our theme!

I've decided on our theme!

I went decoration shopping tonight! I've never done theme decorating before as only had a few bits and bobs handed down to us when we moved into our first home after getting married. This year I decided it is time to get our own new family decorations :-)

Most of the stuff I have bought is silver and white. Our theme is going to be "winter wonderland". I have silver and white hanging decorations for the tree and a white sparkly star for the top. Beautiful sparkly snow flakes to hang from the ceiling. Decorational stockings to hang on the wall, silver sparkly "NOEL" letters to stack somewhere... I also got some bits that aren't quite themed such as a robin sat on top of a post box to hang on the tree and some gorgeous bells (perfect for similating sleigh bells after bed time! hehe). I am going to have SOME red on my tree, but mostly it will be white and silver. I'm also spraying fake snow in the windows! I can't wait to do this now. Not allowed to decorate until a week before Christmas usually but this year I'm doing it on 1st December so I'm just willing this month away now (even though it's my birthday next week)!

I can't wait to transform my home into a winterwonderland

What's your theme?

:tree:

Sounds good Christmas mama I don't have a theme. I just like ornaments that look handmade. I'll post some photos soon.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

that sounds just beautiful, Christmas mama. There's just something special that words can't describe, I think, when going with a theme like that. My sister wanted to do something like that a few years ago, but my brother-in-law said no way.

Christmas mama - have fun decorating. It sounds like a winning theme!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I have different themes all over the house but my favorite is the master bedroom which is heavily VIctorian in pink, burgundy and crystal with a little gold thrown in. I am thinking of putting my white 6ft tree in there this year instead of my usual green one - saw one yesterday and liked the look but then I have to rethink all the other decorations in the room. While I do a lot of trees I want the room they are in to reflect that theme. My back porch is very woodsy and has a winter wonderland look to it - I will hang snowflake ornaments from the rafters and lay snow around with lots of greenery and pinecones and red ribbons. That is total opposite of my bedroom. Everything in my house is decorated if it stands still for 5mins - lol .....

Lynne
    One can never have too many Christmas decorations

Smile

I think I'd like your house very much

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Your house sounds gorgious lynn. I remember last year I had delivery people in the house at Christmas time. These big, burly guys were in awe of all the decorations - they just stared! I have a small house, so it's relatively easy to get to that level of awe!~
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:snow:

Winter Wonderland theme sounds lovely - what a challenge it is to bring that indoors though. good luck, I'm sure it will turn out beautiful.

My Christmas Blogs
    **NEW** Silver & Gold Christmas http silver and gold christmas dot blogspot dot you know... (let me know what you think!)
    My regular Christmas blog: Kris Kringle For Singles dot blogspot dot you know...