Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you buy nuts and oranges for Christmas?

:snow:

Nuts and oranges don't hold any special Christmas meaning for us. But we always have them in our home anyway, especially during the winter. Now we do buy pomegranates. It's a New Year's tradition to break one on your threshold with the wish that "as many as the seeds of this pomegranate as many the good things that will happen to this household".
    Last edited by SilverBells; 09-23-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I buy nuts for baking and oranges to stud with cloves and set in a bowl on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by TIATIA View Post
    Nuts and oranges don't hold any special Christmas meaning for us. But we always have them in our home anyway, especially during the winter. Now we do buy pomegranates. It's a New Year's tradition to break one on your threshold with the wish that "as many as the seeds of this pomegranate as many the good things that will happen to this household".
    I love your tradition! I will buy a pomegranate this year and think of you... May we all have a prosperous New Year!
    If there is no joyous way to give a festive gift, give Love away...

:holly:

Quote Originally Posted by Xmas Annie View Post
    I buy nuts for baking and oranges to stud with cloves and set in a bowl on the table.

I love your tradition! I will buy a pomegranate this year and think of you... May we all have a prosperous New Year!
    Amen to that. I'm glad you like the tradition Xmas Annie. May it brings you lots of good luck.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Yes, this year I plan to consume a good amount of oranges and nuts as part of my eating healthy plan.

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com