Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your Radio Station play a lot of Christmas music?

Anyone in the New Jersey/New York/Connecticut area has WLTW - 106.7 Lite FM which switches to an ALL Christmas Format starting (normally) the week before Thanksgiving and then through the New Year. I believe after the Sept 11 attacks they started this practice because Christmas Music is viewed as comforting and get routinely high ratings when they do it. Most of the big radio stations around here play the same 10 to 15 songs over and over during the course of the day, so with the large volume of Christmas music the selection stays pretty fresh.

I look forward to it every year.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

.. Also, My local Cable (television) provider "Cablevision" has a number of Music Television stations at the end of the dial (Contemperary, Country, Hip Hip, Pop, ETC) These stations just play music with little blurbs about the musician or band.

One of these station "Sounds of the Season" (which plays festive music for the time of year, Spooky for Halloween, Patriotic for 4th of July) is now playing Christmas music.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

I didn't know about WLTW and the Christmas music. I will def give it a listen!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Here in the Twin Cities, there are 2 stations that switch to all Christmas music every year. I checked this morning and neither one had made the switch yet. However, every year they seem to compete for who switches first. I suspect it'll happen by next week. Last year, I believe it was right around November 15th.

Nah, I have to wait till December to hear any Christmas music in the radio

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I may just put on a Christmas CD right now!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

There's something special about hearing it played on a radio station. Not sure what it is. I can listen to a CD in the car, but to hear the music being broadcast...I just seem to like it better. I think I have about a week or so longer to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    There's something special about hearing it played on a radio station. Not sure what it is. I can listen to a CD in the car, but to hear the music being broadcast...I just seem to like it better. I think I have about a week or so longer to wait.
    I know what you mean. I feel like that too.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

yeah

my local radio station 103.7 lite fm plays theirs like a week before thanksgiving too and on delilah show too