Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mall shopping or on-line shopping. Where do you buy your gifts / decoration ?

I prefer online shopping as well as small store shopping. I'm not a big mall person and prefer to steer clear of crazy deal-seeking crowds

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com

My wife and I do all of our gift shopping online. Mostly Amazon, Disney and Toys R Us. We used to use eBay a lot but haven't bought anything there in years since sellers started charging $10.00 for shipping and then mailing the items parcel post for $1.75.

Hallmark ornaments and such we Google around for. Most of our ornaments, though, come from Bronners.com, especially since our son was born. Our tradition is we get a personalized ornament every Christmas that has Daddy, Mamma and our son's name on it.

Today I had to get some stuff at Walmart and I ended up getting some wrapping paper! They had some huge rolls for only $3.00 so I couldn't pass that up. Every year I don't buy enough and then I'm forced to go last minute and spend $5.00 on a roll that's barely enough to wrap one gift.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We shop online and in the stores.Ornaments ,cards,gift wrap and bows we stock up on at the after Christmas sales.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

I was hit with a 10 Dollar Postage Charge on a product I ordered from a neighboring town (and it took 5-Business Days to arrive!!). I could have literally drove to where they shipped from and picked it up myself. Since that day I don't really like buying off the internet. I like to see and touch what it is I am buying and see who the person is who is selling it to me.

Outside of that I just love Malls at Christmas. I love the setting of the mall, all the people, the music and advertisements, kids making a mental note of this lists to Santa -- really I don't even mind the hassle that comes with all of it (finding parking spots, aisles packed with people)
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Malls are so festive at Christmas time! I could never miss out on that!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I prefer to shop in stores or malls only rather then online. When you shop online you donít have this special magic feeling of Christmas coming)))

:gift:

I did some online shopping a couple of days ago but I've saved some regular shopping for the local shops.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I prefer shopping online because its way easier to find items and deals. And the malls are always so crazy and sometimes places get very unorganized !! Well it is over here at least.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I only buy online what I cannot find in the stores.

online?