Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stocking Stuffer Ideas!!!

:tree: Stocking Stuffer Ideas!!!

Good afternoon everyone! Only about 5 months left til Christmas

I have been getting so excited recently with all the 'Christmas in July' movies on TV. This year I have decided to do stockings for my family. Stockings have always been a pretty big deal in my family. This year, instead of getting a bunch of larger gifts for my siblings, I will make the stockings I will also make one for my mom, dad, and boyfriend in addition to other gifts.

In our stockings each Christmas, we always get a new toothbrush, lots of candy, small gifts that we asked for, hats, gloves, socks, underwear, flashlight.. stuff like that.

This year I for my 2 younger sisters (19 and 16), I will be putting in addition to the above, makeup, nailpolish, their favorite candy and snacks, hair stuff, comfy socks, razors, candles, gift cards (maybe $5 or $10 each) to Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, or other places they like to go.
    For my 20 year old brother I will include our traditional stuff, beef jerky, slim jims, some tools, $5 or $10 gift cards, stuff for his truck, razors.
    I will probably think of more in the next few months.

What do you usually put in your christmas stockings?
    Does your family have a certain stocking tradition?

Please feel free to share!

~Katie
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Katie,

It sounds like your stockings are a lot like mine...I usually get toothpaste, new toothbrush, Reese's trees, gift cards, etc. I like stockings...I have used them as "gift wrap" in that instead of wrapping several small gifts, I would wrap them simply and put them, with some extra small goodies in a stocking. Stockings make great decorations and you can put them just about anywhere!

My husband and I have always done stockings for each other! We still do stockings for our kids who are 25 and 16. My Mom did a stocking for me until I was well into my 30's.

Always simple stuff: shaving creme, razors, lip balm, lotion, hair accessories, bobby pins, pens, markers, nail polish, emory boards, candy, deodorant, etc!

:gingerbread:

I like everything that you mention. So far I always put candy. Maybe I'll add something more this year!

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I'm always given some stationary, fruit and a packet of cigarettes! The last one a little unconventional I know.

I think small and fun things are best for stockings - always starts the day off on the right note (apart from the cigarettes maybe).
    www.mystringdolls.com - String Doll Keyrings and Fun Voodoo Doll Keychains
    www.waxwonderful.com - unusual home decor candles and fairy lights

We fill stockings to spilling over and hang them on the bedpost for early christmas risers to open up when they awaken...

I always do a stocking for my Mom and Fiance.

Last year I filled my Mom's stocking with Makeup, Scratch Tickets, Soaps from The Body Shop, her Favorite Candy, a Christmas Movie, $10 Gift Cards and her Favorite Perfume.

I filled my Fiance's stocking with a Tim Horton's Gift Card, Scratch Tickets, Candy, DVDs, CDs and Miniature bottles of Liquor from the Liquor Store.

The last stocking my Mom did for me was themed. I love Marilyn Monroe so she filled an entire sticking with nothing but Marilyn Monroe items, I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by waxwonderful View Post
    I'm always given some stationary, fruit and a packet of cigarettes! The last one a little unconventional I know.

I think small and fun things are best for stockings - always starts the day off on the right note (apart from the cigarettes maybe).

I also think so.

Lifesaver books are a must

Have a look around your local or $ store.
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.