Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Natural or artificial tree?

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by kam1187 View Post
    Wow, alot of animosity towards having a real tree haha (just kidding!) We ALWAYS have a real tree!... This year it might be taller-we moved and have 10 ft ceilings now
    A valid reason to move

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

We love a real tree and always go to Hamsterley Forest run by the Forestry Commission so we know its sustainable as they replant new trees.

The ones that are sold in a pot are a neat idea too. You can plant them after Christmas and feel good about it.

Merry Snowy Christmas

we have never had a real tree....but me and oh have made a pact and we are gonna get one this year....cannot wait to see what a real one looks like in our house.

...or how wonderful it smells

Merry Snowy Christmas

A lot of the artificial trees now have a 10 yr warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
    Well, I think artificial are just easier...you can put them up earlier, you don't have to worry about watering them, they don't shed (a lot) and you can do more with it, I think. Also, you can spend as much as you want on an artificial tree, but you can use it for years and years, if you want...better value and just plain easier....

Real christmas tree of course.
    We had some years ago a artificial tree, but...

Totally agree with Dees473. I've used an artificial tree for the last 10 years or so. Prior to that, I swore by real trees as that is all I had for my first 44 Christmases! In addition to it being more economical, cleaner, easier and care free; artificial trees generally have stronger branches and can hold more ornaments. Real trees smell great but they tend to change shape (branches sag) over time.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I have had a artificial tree since 1998 because they started getting really expensive here and couldn't see spending $80 or $90 for a tree that would get thrown away. I did purchase a real a few years ago because now the prices are $40 or $50. Love real tree's but my daughter can't stand the smell.

The only thing that I don't like abut pre-lit tree's are they are so heavy and I usually need help getting it out of the garage or have to take it out of the box in sections. I had a beautiful artificial that I gave away before I purchased another and really sorry that I did.

Pre-2008 we used real trees. We moved to FL and decided to go artificial once we came up on a fantastic deal @ Lowe's for a 9' tree. It was a $200 tree on clearance for $50, we HAD to. I miss the smell but this is FL, I don't enjoy buying real trees from a parking lot tent.