Thread: Advertising Christmas 2010

Advertising Christmas 2010

Here in the UK it's usually in September when Christmas ads start playing on TV and restaurants and hotels start advertising for Christmas meals.

However - i have noticed in the past few weeks that they are showing the very occasional Christmas advert on TV - usually the kids channels and the hotel i stay in most weeks when i am working away are already taking reservations for Christmas meals and parties. There are also a few places in and around the city centre where i live also advertising christmas stuff . .

So - has anyone noticed the same thing in their part of the world?!

Quote Originally Posted by tringo View Post
    Here in the UK it's usually in September when Christmas ads start playing on TV and restaurants and hotels start advertising for Christmas meals.

However - i have noticed in the past few weeks that they are showing the very occasional Christmas advert on TV - usually the kids channels and the hotel i stay in most weeks when i am working away are already taking reservations for Christmas meals and parties. There are also a few places in and around the city centre where i live also advertising christmas stuff . .

So - has anyone noticed the same thing in their part of the world?!
    I'm in the UK as well and I'm noticing it more and more frequently. A company called Studio Cards has their full range of christmas trees, lights, etc. already in stock and ready to purpose. We recieved their catalog here about buying christmas stuff earlier this month.

I think Christmas in general is getting bigger and better. Every year people try to do more and more and more for christmas, to make their christmas bigger and better. It was only so long until companies realised this and started to advertise earlier to try and sell more.

The adverts i have seen mostly so far are for studio cards - couple of others advertising hampers etc. Also had probably 3 or 4 catalogues delivered in recent weeks with christmas offers etc. . as bizarre as it may seem to be thinking about christmas i'm working from home today and can see out of the corner of my eye a 3 foot santa decoration and a box of christmas lights that we picked up yesterday from a car boot sale. . both are in pristine condition and cost 2.50 . .the santa retails at 45 and couldnt pass up such a bargain. . .

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Every year it seems to get earlier and earlier doesn't it? I love Christmas as much as all of you, but there is such a thing as to early.

I have just received through a few bits from Studio (blush) but I my defence they were at a bargain price!

I got christmas cards, wrap, bows, personalised stockings (kids need new ones)a little rocking chair for my youngest and other odds and sods.

They can all go in the christmas cuboard!!!!!!

Haven't seen anything in Illinois yet :-)
    http://www.unforgettable-christmas.com

The only store that I have seen so far with any Christmas items is Hobby Lobby...they were putting those out at the end of June! I do agree, though, there is a such thing as too early...but other than Christmas in July on HSN (yesterday) and QVC (in a couple of weeks), I haven't seen anything Christmasy yet...but don't worry, it will start showing up very soon!

Oh yes, it's almost like a wedding. You have to book and plan in advance or everything you want will be gone!

Aside from a few 'Christmas in July' movies, nothing Christmasy around here yet. Stores usually start putting out Christmas stuff around september/october.
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Hi,I'm in the UK

nope nothing yet....but i usually see an explosion of stuff in september.....cannot wait.

When you mentioned christmas ads i had to go to you tube and look for some of the classics.... even on the last day of juy the coke ad gives me shivers. :D
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012