Thread: Christmas in July in Rotherham!

Christmas in July in Rotherham!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arty-July.html

I saw this today and I thought it would definetely be different. For those who don't want to read the article basically Rotherham council is holding 3 days of town centre christmas parties in July with hotels and bars and that being christmassy and with christmas trees, lights and fake snow.

As much as we all love Christmas, isn't it a bit early to have christmas parties?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section, i really couldn't figure out where to put this.

Thumbs up

I guess they love Christmas as much as we do. But I wouldn't wanna go to a Christmas party in July. I'm happy with this forum for now. I'd keep the parties for later.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I could understand it being held in October, but July? They must be desperate!

This is just a commercial thing to draw attention. This is why nothing surprises me anymore. Lots of this kind of thing here in the US.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hutton View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arty-July.html

I saw this today and I thought it would definetely be different. For those who don't want to read the article basically Rotherham council is holding 3 days of town centre christmas parties in July with hotels and bars and that being christmassy and with christmas trees, lights and fake snow.

As much as we all love Christmas, isn't it a bit early to have christmas parties?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section, i really couldn't figure out where to put this.
    Yeah, I do not know if I would like the idea of going to a Christmas celebration, in the middle of the summer.. I would not mind if it was September/October... But, that is just an opinion...

Of course, lets not forget, that, the fav classic The Christmas Song was written in the middle of hot July....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)