Thread: Commercialized Christmas

:tree: Commercialized Christmas

My humble opinion:Why is it so bad, as long as you know the true meaning of Christmas, to enjoy Santa Claus and the presents, the decorations, the music, the Christmas tree the parties and all that, that make Christmas as we know it today?
    I never forget what Christmas is all about. The rest is just a bonus!!!

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

I totally agree with you...There is so much that makes Christmas special, but if you remember in your heart and actions the true meaning of Christmas, why can't the rest just be icing on the cake?!

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
    I totally agree with you...There is so much that makes Christmas special, but if you remember in your heart and actions the true meaning of Christmas, why can't the rest just be icing on the cake?!
    My point exactly!

Merry Snowy Christmas

It's the difference between the real flavour of food and an ersatz additive imitation of the same food, the difference between GM and organic.
    Last edited by Moley; 06-15-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    It's the difference between the real flavour of food and an ersatz additive imitation of the same food, the difference between GM and organic.
    So in your case what's the GM and what's the organic?

Merry Snowy Christmas

For me, the true meaning of christmas is family and love and happiness and the spirit of giving. I am not a religious person and as a result my christmas has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus Christ.

For me my Christmas is mainly the commercial aspect but it's important to remember the spirit of christmas, to remember why you're supposed to love it. If you remember that then everything else just helps make it great

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hutton View Post
    ... but it's important to remember the spirit of christmas, to remember why you're supposed to love it. If you remember that then everything else just helps make it great
    So Hutton why do you love Christmas? What is the spirit of Christmas for you? Is there anything spiritual involved in Christmas in your opinion?

Merry Snowy Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by TIATIA View Post
    So Hutton why do you love Christmas? What is the spirit of Christmas for you? Is there anything spiritual involved in Christmas in your opinion?
    I realise this reply was long in coming and i apologies, i didn't realise there was something to reply to.

No, for me there is nothing spirtual about Christmas. I understand its origins, both as a christian holiday and before then, as yuletide. However, I believe it has evolved beyond that into a holiday that all can celebrate, regardless of beliefs.

To me, christmas is about a time of joy and love. A time to spend with your family, friends and loved ones. A time for all to enjoy themselves. A time to give presents to those you love, to show how much you care. And much, much more. Yes, there's nothing spiritual about that but that certainly doesn't make it bad.

For me, the spirit of christmas is love. Because that is what we all show at Christmas, in one way or another.

I realise this reply was long in coming and i apologies, i didn't realise there was something to reply to.

No, for me there is nothing spirtual about Christmas. I understand its origins, both as a christian holiday and before then, as yuletide. However, I believe it has evolved beyond that into a holiday that all can celebrate, regardless of beliefs.

To me, christmas is about a time of joy and love. A time to spend with your family, friends and loved ones. A time for all to enjoy themselves. A time to give presents to those you love, to show how much you care. And much, much more. Yes, there's nothing spiritual about that but that certainly doesn't make it bad.

For me, the spirit of christmas is love. Because that is what we all show at Christmas, in one way or another.

Hutton ...that is just how I feel about it..

Me too!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!