Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Commercialized Christmas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    9,553

    :tree: Commercialized Christmas

    My humble opinion:Why is it so bad, as long as you know the true meaning of Christmas, to enjoy Santa Claus and the presents, the decorations, the music, the Christmas tree the parties and all that, that make Christmas as we know it today?
    I never forget what Christmas is all about. The rest is just a bonus!!!

    Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    272
    I totally agree with you...There is so much that makes Christmas special, but if you remember in your heart and actions the true meaning of Christmas, why can't the rest just be icing on the cake?!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    9,553
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
    I totally agree with you...There is so much that makes Christmas special, but if you remember in your heart and actions the true meaning of Christmas, why can't the rest just be icing on the cake?!
    My point exactly!

    Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ...and I live in a hole...
    Posts
    727
    It's the difference between the real flavour of food and an ersatz additive imitation of the same food, the difference between GM and organic.
    Last edited by Moley; 06-15-2010 at 05:29 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    9,553

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    It's the difference between the real flavour of food and an ersatz additive imitation of the same food, the difference between GM and organic.
    So in your case what's the GM and what's the organic?

    Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

  6. #6
    For me, the true meaning of christmas is family and love and happiness and the spirit of giving. I am not a religious person and as a result my christmas has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus Christ.

    For me my Christmas is mainly the commercial aspect but it's important to remember the spirit of christmas, to remember why you're supposed to love it. If you remember that then everything else just helps make it great

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    9,553

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutton View Post
    ... but it's important to remember the spirit of christmas, to remember why you're supposed to love it. If you remember that then everything else just helps make it great
    So Hutton why do you love Christmas? What is the spirit of Christmas for you? Is there anything spiritual involved in Christmas in your opinion?

    Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TIATIA View Post
    So Hutton why do you love Christmas? What is the spirit of Christmas for you? Is there anything spiritual involved in Christmas in your opinion?
    I realise this reply was long in coming and i apologies, i didn't realise there was something to reply to.

    No, for me there is nothing spirtual about Christmas. I understand its origins, both as a christian holiday and before then, as yuletide. However, I believe it has evolved beyond that into a holiday that all can celebrate, regardless of beliefs.

    To me, christmas is about a time of joy and love. A time to spend with your family, friends and loved ones. A time for all to enjoy themselves. A time to give presents to those you love, to show how much you care. And much, much more. Yes, there's nothing spiritual about that but that certainly doesn't make it bad.

    For me, the spirit of christmas is love. Because that is what we all show at Christmas, in one way or another.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire uk
    Posts
    23,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutton View Post
    I realise this reply was long in coming and i apologies, i didn't realise there was something to reply to.

    No, for me there is nothing spirtual about Christmas. I understand its origins, both as a christian holiday and before then, as yuletide. However, I believe it has evolved beyond that into a holiday that all can celebrate, regardless of beliefs.

    To me, christmas is about a time of joy and love. A time to spend with your family, friends and loved ones. A time for all to enjoy themselves. A time to give presents to those you love, to show how much you care. And much, much more. Yes, there's nothing spiritual about that but that certainly doesn't make it bad.

    For me, the spirit of christmas is love. Because that is what we all show at Christmas, in one way or another.

    Hutton ...that is just how I feel about it..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutton View Post
    I realise this reply was long in coming and i apologies, i didn't realise there was something to reply to.

    No, for me there is nothing spirtual about Christmas. I understand its origins, both as a christian holiday and before then, as yuletide. However, I believe it has evolved beyond that into a holiday that all can celebrate, regardless of beliefs.

    To me, christmas is about a time of joy and love. A time to spend with your family, friends and loved ones. A time for all to enjoy themselves. A time to give presents to those you love, to show how much you care. And much, much more. Yes, there's nothing spiritual about that but that certainly doesn't make it bad.

    For me, the spirit of christmas is love. Because that is what we all show at Christmas, in one way or another.
    Me too!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About ATC

    ATC "AllThingsChristmas" is a Forum Devoted to everything about Christmas, please enjoy our Forum & feel free to chat about the greatest day of the year.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Flickr