Thread: SOm movies. Do you know them?

SOm movies. Do you know them?

I was surving at the internet and found some movies i´ve never heard about. The only one i know is I ll be home for Christmas.

I ll be home for Christmas

In the spirit of the season, Disney presents the hilarious comedy adventure that celebrates the believer in all of us. Jake Wilkinson (Jonathan Taylor Thomas), a self-centered college student, has one thing on his mind -- get home for Christmas dinner or forfeit the vintage Porsche his father promised him. Just days before his deadline, Jake awakens in the California desert -- stranded and penniless, wearing a Santa suit and white beard! Desperate to claim his gift, he flies, crawls, cons, races, bullies, and even sleighs his way east. But his nonstop mission turns into a nonstop comedy of errors as a multitude of colorful and offbeat strangers look to "Santa" for help and kindness. The closer Jake gets to home, the closer he gets to the true meaning of Christmas and the importance of family. I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS is a trip your entire family will enjoy taking all year long!

The Christmas Cottage

Returning home from college one Christmas, young artist Thomas Kinkade (Jared Padalecki) is dismayed to learn that attempts to promote local tourism have failed and his mother (Marcia Gay Harden) is dangerously close to losing the family cottage to foreclosure. Inspired by his mentor, Glen (Peter O'Toole), a famous artist who lives next door, Thom accepts a job painting a mural of his small, idyllic hometown. With Glen's help, Thom not only discovers his calling as the Painter of Light(tm) but also helps the town rediscover the true spirit of Christmas in this nostalgic, humorous and heartwarming true story destined to become a holiday classic.

The year without a Santa Claus

When his devious head elf, Sparky (Kattan), tells him that he must "keep up with the times" no matter how materialistic Santa Claus (Goodman) resists, fearing that the holiday has become far too commercial. Convinced that no one believes in him anymore and that people have forgotten the real meaning of Christmas, Santa decides to take the year off and not deliver any gifts, much to the dismay of his two closest elves, Jingle (Suplee) and Jangle (Griffin). When Santa tells them that he doesn't think there are any children left who still care about the true spirit of Christmas, the two elves decide to prove him wrong. But their efforts are complicated by Heatmiser and Snowmiser, the two feuding sons of Mother Nature (Kane), whose help Jingle and Jangle will need if they want to save Christmas.

The town that banned Christmas

The competition heats up at the annual Greenlawn Christmas Decorating Contest when Norbert Bridges moves to town and stirs up trouble with the reigning champion Donnie Manning. But when the town outlaws Christmas after things get out of control it s up to the feuding neighbors to save Christmas.

All i want for Christmas

Christmas is a time for family and in ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS, that is all young Ethan and his little sister really want. When their parents get divorced, the two kids, along with the aid of their grandmother, construct a plan to get their parents back together.

The dog who saved Christmas

The Bannister family’s new addition, Zeus (voiced by Mario Lopez) a former K-9 police hero, appears to be less than the dependable guard dog the family needs. However, when two burglars (led by Dean Cain) set out to break into the Bannister’s home while they’re away for Christmas, Zeus seizes the chance to be a hero, proving every dog – even this one – has his day.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

We have I'll be home for Christmas and All I Want for Christmas. I haven't seen the others.

The Year Without a Santa Claus is a take off on the Rankin Bass animated show with the same name. I love the animated version (have it on DVD) -- the more "realistic" one - not so much!

I have heard and attempted to watch "I'll be home for Christmas", but not much my thing...not that familiar with the others. I pretty much love all Christmas shows and movies, but sometimes there are some that just don't do it for me....

Re: SOm movies. Do you know them?

Hi guys,

I like to watch The Christmas Cottage.

Paul.

Smile

The only one I know from that list is the "I'll be home for Christmas".

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Talking

I thought, this would help a little..

I ll be home for Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSdTu...eature=related

The Christmas Cottage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phOGLdhg-Ps

The year without a Santa Claus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5nb9SjnXJc

The town that banned Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUF2drE0Pg4

All i want for Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktlRFb-LfDg

The dog who saved Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZA6rGhXt9k

Last edited by olga; 06-17-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Brown View Post
    Hi guys,

I like to watch The Christmas Cottage.

Paul.
    Hi Paul,
    though I have not seen it, I ve heard its a wondeful Christmas film

Olga,

Thanks for the movie trailers...I definitely want to watch The Christmas Cottage now...

And isn't The Dog Who Saved Christmas just Home Alone with a dog??? You can have too much of a good thing...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
    Olga,
    I definitely want to watch The Christmas Cottage now...
    Yea, I wanna watch that, too..
    I think I may order it next week..