Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are we in Christmas mood almost the whole year?

with so much doom and gloom in the world anymore its nice to have something we can retreat to. Christmas music, thoughts of decorating, the family gathering. Christmas spirit helps us get through all 365 days of the year

Well, my thoughts are that there is so much gloom and negativity in the world that when you can find something that brings you such true and innocent joy, you should hold on to it as long as you can...and share as much as you can.

Besides there is no other time of year like Christmas...the world is just a little bit different. I think people are a little bit different. There is a happiness that just doesn't exist any other time. Also, no other music can take your thoughts to another place like Christmas music...it is just a special time.

And there is just so much excitement and spirit, it can't be contained into just one month!

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    with so much doom and gloom in the world anymore its nice to have something we can retreat to. Christmas music, thoughts of decorating, the family gathering. Christmas spirit helps us get through all 365 days of the year

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJolly View Post
    Well, my thoughts are that there is so much gloom and negativity in the world that when you can find something that brings you such true and innocent joy, you should hold on to it as long as you can...and share as much as you can.

Besides there is no other time of year like Christmas...the world is just a little bit different. I think people are a little bit different. There is a happiness that just doesn't exist any other time. Also, no other music can take your thoughts to another place like Christmas music...it is just a special time.

And there is just so much excitement and spirit, it can't be contained into just one month!
    I agree so much with both of you..

This year, I refused to take down my Christmas decorations in my office...

Nothing special actually, just my small wooden library with a big green garland and 50 white lights on..
    It may sound silly to some of you, but, really, that brings a great smile to my face, every day I come to office..
    I think, I will never grow up.. And, honestly, I would not want to..

Last edited by olga; 05-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    I agree so much with both of you..

This year, I refused to take down my Christmas decorations in my office...

Nothing special actually, just my small wooden library with a big green garland and 50 white lights on..
    It may sound silly to some of you, but, really, it brings a great smile to my face, every day I come to office..
    I think, I will never grow up.. And, honestly, I would not want to..

Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

I love the excitmenet and anticipation.

Buying the gift that is exactly right for the recipitant because you have put so much thought into throughout the year.

Seeing the childrens eyes light up every time I decorate the house and plug in the tree - all because of the things I buy throughtout the year to make it so special.

The butterflies in my tummy and wide smile on my face everytime I hear a Christmas song - thats why I listen to them most mornings in the show!

It keeps me going, it keeps me happy in the knowledge that from my enthusiasm and planning throughout the year I'll be making others happy onver Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by MissSantaClaus View Post
    The most people say if they are thinking the whole year about Christmas, its nothing special when Christmas comes. Do you think so too? For me its always something special.
    For me it is too. I think of the whole year as a build op to Christmas. I get a little more excited over the course of the year every time Christmas comes closer. I especially love that moment that the fall sets in. That is really the start of the Christmas season for me.