Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olga, Where to go in Greece?

Olga, Where to go in Greece?

My sister and I are considering spending a week on one of the Greek Islands this summer. We just don't know which one to pick. And I suddenly remembered Olga is from Greece. So I was wondering if you had any advice? If anyone else has a recommodation that would be great too.

We like:
    - Sun(beach)
    - Beautiful Nature
    - Something to do besides laying on the beach and drinking cocktails. We like to view things, but we also like things like snorkelling.
    - Going out(does not have to be much, rather one nice disco than 10 that are so-so.)

p.s. Our other option besides Greece is Portugal.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    My sister and I are considering spending a week on one of the Greek Islands this summer. We just don't know which one to pick. And I suddenly remembered Olga is from Greece. So I was wondering if you had any advice? If anyone else has a recommodation that would be great too.

We like:
    - Sun(beach)
    - Beautiful Nature
    - Something to do besides laying on the beach and drinking cocktails. We like to view things, but we also like things like snorkelling.
    - Going out(does not have to be much, rather one nice disco than 10 that are so-so.)

p.s. Our other option besides Greece is Portugal.
    Oh, God... This is really difficult.. There are so many beautiful islands!!!
    Ive visited only 5 (Paros, Antiparos, Naxos, Astypalaia, Rhodes) and if you asked for my opinion, I would definitely want to visit these 5, again!!

Elvira, I guess, you do not want any crowded islands, am I right?

And what island region do you prefer?

North Aegean?
    Eastern Aegean?
    Sporades?
    Cyclades?
    Dodecanese?
    Ionian?
    Crete?

Take a look, here, just to get an idea and then, please, feel free to ask me anything, ok??

Last edited by olga; 05-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Hey Olga, Thanks for the reply. We have not decided on the region yet. I don't want something like Chersonnisos, because half of the population of Dutch people under 25 is there in the summer. For the rest I'm open to everything.

Which one did you like best of the ones you visited?

:gift:

Elvira, check this out...
    Its a thread I posted last summer, about a beautiful island I visited the first days of August 2009..

Click here

I think, that was the island I loved most...
    But, if you want, I can tell you some things about the other 4, as well.. ok?

It looks amazing(definetely keep it in mind for future vacations with the boyfriend,) but I think my sister and I prefer a place that has a little more nightlife.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    It looks amazing(definetely keep it in mind for future vacations with the boyfriend,) but I think my sister and I prefer a place that has a little more nightlife.
    Ok, Elvira, I will collect my best experiences from 4 islands and wrtite them down for you, when weekend comes.

That's so nice of you!

Paros

Located in the heart of Cyclades, Paros is regarded to be as one of the most wonderful Greek islands..

Serene landscape with fertile valleys and rolling hills dotted with small churches and monasteries, beautiful sandy beaches with sparkling blue / green waters, famous monuments from the lands rich ancient and medieval past, picturesque white villages bathed in the unique, dazzling Aegean light.

Warm hospitality, excellent tourist facilities, rich cultural life, cosmopolitan ambience but also the possibility of seclusion, have combined to make Paros one of the most favorite spots in the Cyclades Islands..
    Every year, tourists from all over the world visit Paros, as the island is very famous for
    the traditional local dishes, famed wines in restaurants, taverns and ouzeries stroll around the countryside and the lovely village streets, the handicraft shops, the intense nightlife....

Parikia/Antiparos/Naousa/Aliki/Marpissa are some places you should definitely visit...

I have to add that distances in Paros are short, the roads are vrey good and every ride has its own charm, with breathtaking views over the Aegean sea and the surrounding islands.
    A lot of famous/star/celebrities/ visit the island every summer..

Did that help a little?

Last edited by olga; 05-23-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Talking

Naxos

The largest island in Cyclades and the most fertile among them..

Lovely beaches, well known for their beauty, the water clarity and of course, the white sand...

Agios Georgios/Agia Anna and Agios Prokopios are 3 of the most popular beaches in Chora Naxos.

The old town of Chora Naxos hides a lot of the secrets of the old Naxos.
    The old style houses, the little shops, the small tavernas and old style bakeries show the beauty and friendliness of the old town and its people. It is highly suggested that you go for a walk there.

If you are interested in summer Activities, during the summer, there is a variety of social activities, from regular musical festivals and theatre to weaving exhibitions and sport contests. The town's social activities council usually posts a list of the activities (with dates and times) at main points in town. Keep an eye on the posters around while walking..

Nightlife on Naxos lasts.....for the whole night!!!

However, bare in mind that unlike most of western Europe, clubs in Greece (and Naxos, in this particular case) open around Midnight, and not 9pm. So...do not expect to see a lot of people in the clubs before 1am.

Clubs, Bars, etc stay open until morning and should you wish to have something to drink or eat, there are always some food places open to satisfy your thirst or hunger.

Last edited by olga; 05-23-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Wow those look absolutely stunning. I've never heard of those islands. They look so nice! I'll send my sister the link to this! See what she thinks!