Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you save for Christmas?

:tree: How do you save for Christmas?

Good Morning everyone!
    I recently joined this site and LOVE it! My question to everyone is: How do you save up the money for Christmas? How much do you usually spend? The past few years Ive paid with a combination of cash/credit, but this year Im going to try and have a CASH only Christmas! I have been stashing away about $20/wk in a 'christmas envelope' in my safe. I figure this year I will have about $700 max for gifts and what not. The people I have to buy for are:
    Mom
    Dad
    3 younger siblings (ages 20, 18, and 16)
    boyfriend of 4 years
    2 cats 1 dog
    my boyfriends family also does a 'grab gift' of $25 max.

How do you save money? Feel free to share your tips!

Only 7 and a half months til Christmas!!!

Katie

For years I did a $20 a week Christmas club at the bank. That gave me a thousand dollars for Christmas at a time when I was spending about $2000 for approx 32 people. Now we have stopped buying gifts for nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters (and spouses), and work. Now I just buy for Mom, Mom-in-law, husband and two daughters!

I buy gifts throughout the year as I see them. Don't use credit cards at all anymore!

I don't specifically save for Christmas though I put money into a savings account each month, come November or so if I need some cash its there....waiting for me to spend.

When I was a kid I recall my parents having whats called a Christmas Club account, the bank would take out a specific amount each week from their paycheck deposit and put in a special account for Christmas. In November the bank would send you a check for the amount that was in that account. It worked for me I got some great presents!

I do similar - we have a seperate Christmas account that I send money over to each month.
    If I see anything throughout the year I can pick it up with money thats already there.

:gift:

I start saving up a few months before Christmas. Last year I spent around 850 Euros. I never use credit cards.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Last year i spent around 200 - 300 €. I do not buy a lot of clothes for me or something else. So i have enough money for buying Christmas presents.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kam1187 View Post

How do you save money?

Katie
    I have never heard of the word SAVE....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I actually save all the dollar bills I get back from change when I make a purchase. You would be surprised how much it will add up to. I also buy things throughout the year that I know would be a great small gift or stocking stuffer.

Saving for Christmas

We make regular deposits into our "special" account so we always have some cash laying around. But yeah, it is always a stretch.

:gift:

I think I'll have a hard time saving money this year so I already started Christmas shopping a little bit. You know one Christmas present at a time.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World