Thread: Volcanic ash is not and never was a threat yet still cancel flights!

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK

Volcanic ash is not and never was a threat yet still cancel flights!

Volcanic ash is not and never was a threat yet still cancel flights! It was bad enough the 1st time. It is like all the scientists make a mistake admit it was a mistake and pat each over on the back because they have make mistake...

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    Is a threat to reply to posts?

I guess, as they say, better safe than sorry! It must have been horrible in Europe. In the US, no domestic flights were cancelled, but the airports were filled with travelers heading oversees. Felt so sorry for them!

I was supposed to fly to the US(and later on to Cancun) on the 16th of April. We were on Duesseldorf Airport(Germany) and our flight did not leave. We managed to get our hands on a ticket for 2 days later leaving from Munchen(6 hours travelling by train) and went there. There we learned that there still was no possibility of flying.

We cancelled our tickets and instead we bought an Interrail Global Pass(train ticket to travel around freely in 30 European countries by train) on Munich Main Station. Instead of our trip through Mexico, Belize & Guatemala, we made a trip through Italy, Croatia, Hungary and the Czech Republic. It was great fun, but I still want to go to Mexico next year!

Elvira = sorry about your trip!