All Things Christmas quiz
All Things Christmas quiz
And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)
I got a 6/10 also. Too many Irish Questions. I'm not Irish, I'm Italian-American!
So excited for christmas 2012
Holy Moley! 10/10.
I have to admit that I made and educated guess (or shot in the dark, depending on how you look at it) with a couple of the questions.
4. A representation of the manger is usually placed in Irish homes, what is this called? Crib
6. You make a list (again), reminding yourself to get a Christmas candle. Why do Irish people put candles in their windows at this time? Hospitality.
Candles, in old times, were put in windows to guide wonders home -- Hospitality seemed like the only fitting choice.
9. A few workmates suggest as it's Christmas you might like to 'choraulien' with them, what are they suggesting? Carolling
Can't say anyones ever asked me to Choraulien before but the word looked a bit like 'chorus' so that seemed like Carolling to me.
I agree that I don't understand how you would know some of this stuff unless you were Irish.
"I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens
Aww 9/10... got the alcohol one wrong :(
7/10...we should have different quizzes for different nationalities!
Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
8 of 10 #4 & #5 got me.
'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)
My Christmas Blogs:
- My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
- HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
- SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com
I got only 4/10 ! Yack!
I think the Christmas Pudding/Alcohol question is a trick. Everyone knows that it's supposed to be BRANDY with Pudding!!!
"Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
I'm Co-Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!