Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Our plans for Christmas 2010

I would like to put more lights on the house but believe it or not, my husband and I do not know how to hang lights on the house itself !!! Are there light hangers or something like that ?? Any tips on how to do this would be wonderful. We do not have a big house, it is a ranch.

I'm not sure but it may be worth considering sticky duct taping the light wires to the house walls, or use sticky pads, or maybe twisted food bag ties round the wires and the attatching the bag tie to the guttering?
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

:gift:

The only thing I really planned for this Christmas was to get more toys for the tree, instead of balls and I really like that..

My tree, with all these toys and wooden ornaments, really takes me back to my childhood. Who doesnt want that, I wonder..

Last edited by olga; 12-06-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I like your ornemants a lot. They look similar like our German ornaments. I know, some of them are from Germany but not all right ?
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by MissSantaClaus View Post
    I like your ornemants a lot. They look similar like our German ornaments. I know, some of them are from Germany but not all right ?
    Correct!! Remember I was telling you about those ornaments from Germany???
    They have become my fav ones!!! I would so much to have my tree decorated with such ornaments!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    I would like to put more lights on the house but believe it or not, my husband and I do not know how to hang lights on the house itself !!! Are there light hangers or something like that ?? Any tips on how to do this would be wonderful. We do not have a big house, it is a ranch.

I'm not sure but it may be worth considering sticky duct taping the light wires to the house walls, or use sticky pads, or maybe twisted food bag ties round the wires and the attatching the bag tie to the guttering?
    They sell clips that will attach to the edge of shingles, gutters, etc. They are pretty inexpensive and easy to use. First, decide what size lights you want to put up, measure and buy them. Then, make sure the clips you buy are for the correct style of light (rope light, mini, C-7, C-9, etc...) After that, it's pretty simple. Get up there and string 'em!! Good luck!!

EDIT: They also sell clips that will slip right into your siding if you want them on the SIDE of the house instead of the top edge. Also...icicle lights are probably the easiest to hang.
    Last edited by MinnesotaMike; 12-07-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post

I've never put lights on the house, only on the shrubs. But, yes, they make plastic hangers especially for Christmas lights and you don't have to use any nails.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7190894_ch...yl-siding.html