Thread: Snow

:gift: Snow

I just wanted to share with you, the following video..
    I found it really impressive..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl4pJwcE7JI
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Ha Ha! It snows like that in New York State! I grew up in central NY - near Utica and Syracuse. We once had a blizzard (1966) with 7 feet of snow and then 3 days of violent wind and sub-zero temps. Everything was closed and I mean everything! My parents didn't work for a week! One-story houses could not be seen except for the smoke coming from the chimneys. We were allowed out of the house once - all bundled up - and all we did was walk around the house one time! The wind had created a tunnel effect next to the house and all the way around it! My Dad and a neighbor took a snowmobile to the dairy farm to buy milk as the grocery stores were closed! They knew the dairy would have plenty of milk!! No one bothered to plow the roads as the wind blew the snow back immediately. If there was a medical emergency - people were taken by plow to the hospital! It was quite an adventure - haven't experienced anything like it since!

I now live in southern NYS - in the NYC suburbs. We don't get nearly as much snow here, yet people are more frightened of it!

Smile

I live in upper new york state and we see plenty of the white stuff as this past storm about two feet here and real cold as i for one am looking forward to spring this stuff can go anytime.This winter has been awful for alot of people as we have been staying inside some days the windchill is below zero and the temps are in the teens.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes angelpugs we have had alot of snow here this year (as well as last), but not nearly as much as you guys upstate! They just don't clear the roads as well downstate because they do not have the massive snow removal equipment that you guys have upstate. The first few snowfalls each year here, everyone gets in an absolute panic about driving. Some people here won't even leave the house if they hear it MIGHT snow. I just tell them to move upstate!

:gift:

I just do not believe that you have that snow, guys.
    I saw snow 6 years ago in the city I live and that was.. 4 snowflakes...

You can see it from the picture I attach.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Snow is beautiful and it can be dangerous - but it's always an adventure! You learn to always listen to the weather forecast so that you have time to stock up on any necessary food and supplies! Also,so that you can plan your travel.

:snow:

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Snow is beautiful and it can be dangerous - but it's always an adventure! You learn to always listen to the weather forecast so that you have time to stock up on any necessary food and supplies! Also,so that you can plan your travel.
    Youre right, thats exactly what someone should do in order to be ready for so much snow.
    Im just a little jealous, because we hardly see any snow, and if we do, it will only be 2 small snowflakes...