Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bob's big news...

Talking Bob's big news...

Hello ATC friends!

Before I get into my big announcement and where I've been for the past few weeks, let me first thank you all for the kind words and welcome back posts. It's so nice to know I'm missed by people I've never even met. :D This place really has become more than just a community for Christmas fans...we've become a sort of online family, and for that I am forever grateful. But enough with the mushy stuff...

As many of you know, I started grad school last fall with the goal of receiving my Masters in Teaching Art in the spring of 2010. I taught art in the public school setting for three years and have been searching for a job for over a year since the private school I was supposed to start working at closed in the summer of 2008. I had a very promising interview at the start of this summer, even going back for a second interview and being taken to lunch. I did not receive the postion, however, and was very dissapointed.

The remainder of my summer was spent working at a Summer Camp and doing part-time facilities work, both at the church I grew up attending. I took on a volunteer leadership role at the church my wife and I attend, Elevation, and have been busy with it ever since. My "job" is to schedule volunteer workers for the 3-5 year-old room, as well as oversee all the children's rooms during certain worship times. Our church just moved into our first permanent building on August 22 so you can imagine all that has been going on with that big move. Hence my absence...

With school starting back for many of us in the states on August 25, I was still without a full-time teaching position. My plan for this school year was going to be like last year: going to grad school at night, substitute teaching at the school my wife works at, and part-time work at the After School program I've been working at, as well as part-time facilities work. I wasn't thrilled with this idea of having another "trasitional year", but I knew my wife and I could do it if we had to. As usual, God had other plans for me...

The mother of two children in the After School program, whom I've known for years, came to me a couple of weeks ago to see if I knew of anyone in need of a part-time job. She is the CEO of an internet marketing and consulting company and was looking for an assistant to help out around her office. Jokingly I told her I could work for her and this peaked her interest... We met a week later and I went to her office to meet her staff and hear more about what her company does and how she could use me. As we continued to talk and toss around ideas it was clear that I could help her in many ways I had never thought of. Pretty soon we were discussing salary and me working full-time for her! I started on August 25 and by the end of my first week she came to me to say that she wanted me to be the Vice President of Marketing at her company!!!!

I finished my first full week of work this week and it has been wonderful! :D We've got a lot of potential clients that I have written proposals for during the past week and I am loving it! I had no idea internet marketing would be something I would be good at, but my new boss saw it in me after only a few days and I have enjoyed the new challenges I have been given. What a blessing!

I hope that helps you all understand where Bob has been since the middle of August. Things are still busy, but I'm blessed for what God has given me and am excited about the future! Thanks for reading my mini novel. Now, let's get back to celebrating Christmas 24/7!!!!

Always,
    Bob
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Congratulations with your new job! Vice President has a very nice ring to it!

congratulations on your new job..!!

Awesome news brother.. Glad to hear this for not only you but your family as well. this can possible open many wonderful doors in your life now.
    Now wait a minute, Susie. Just because every child can't get his wish that doesn't mean there isn't a Santa Claus.

Well, that was awesome!!! We're all happy for you!! I wish everything goes right for you, Bob!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Smile

Congratulations Bob! Good things do come to those who wait. God is good!

PTL!!! Glad you're back, Bob. I was concerned.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    Congratulations with your new job! Vice President has a very nice ring to it!
    It does, doesn't it?
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    congratulations on your new job..!!
    Thanks Yvette! :D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by ikey2 View Post
    Awesome news brother.. Glad to hear this for not only you but your family as well. this can possible open many wonderful doors in your life now.
    Thank you! Yes, it is and yes, it can! :D
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com