Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Songs

oh man! this is a totally unfair question, lol since I have had a major obsession with Chrstmas music all my life. I have a lot more Christmas records and cd's than all my other music combined. (yes, I still have records) Here are some of my favorites; the order can change on any given day: "The Sleighing Song" by Ivan Rebroff, "Still Still Still" by Erich Kunz and the Vienna Choir Boys, "Gaudete" by the King's Singers (I just heard it this week by Steeleye (?) that one of you posted as your favorite and they are excellent, too), "Riu Riu Chiu" which is very lively, by any number of musicians and singers, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", "O Holy Night", "All My Heart" by Alfred Deller and the Deller Consort, "O Come, O Come Emmanual", "O Little Town of Bethlehem" and there are SO many more. Two new favorites that I just heard last year for the first time are "King Jesus Hath a Garden" and "What is this Lovely Fragrance?" both on a cd called "Candlelight Carols" sung by the Choir of Trinity Church. As I am typing these songs, more and more come to mind. It would have been so much easier if the question had been "What Christmas song DON'T you like?" lol, 'cause then it would have been easy. thanks for reading my ramblings. A lot of the ones I love have been out of print for many many years, but some you can still find online. and just about any Christmas music sung by an acapella group, Chanticleer, is extraordinary.

ooh yeah wolfshead Last chirstmas is an absolute classic!

The Killers have done 2 chrismas songs for the past 2 years and are bringing out anther one this year, i think their aim is to do enough for a whole album.

Quote Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
    ooh yeah wolfshead Last chirstmas is an absolute classic!

The Killers have done 2 chrismas songs for the past 2 years and are bringing out anther one this year, i think their aim is to do enough for a whole album.
    I'd love The Killers to make an entire Christmas album!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Adrienne Pierce

I really love most Christmas music. I cannot really pick one song but I love Christmas songs by Bing Crosby, Boney M, Stevie Wonder, Harry Connick Jr.. I also like Jane Siberry's song "Are You Burning Little Candle?". The new Sarah McLachlan is quite nice but my favorite new Christmas music is by Adrienne Pierce. She has a new record at Borders stores. It puts a smile on my face.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GingerbreadGirl View Post
    I have so many favorites, too many to mention. Last Christmas by Wham, Spotlight on Christmas by Rufus Wainwright and White Christmas are just some of them. My favorite Christmas album is Noel by Josh Groban, I simply love every song that's on there. Thankful is absolutly beautiful!
    Heeheehee! thankful is my absolute favorite christmas song! it's also the only one i can blast all year long and not get as many ' oh my god, the crazy girl got loose again' looks i get when i sit outside my house blaring silent night. (ironic, no?) right now i am listening to It Came Upon A Midnight Clear! not my fave, but that's not by much at all! i've had this cd since it first came out, and i still cry at i'll be home for christmas!!
    Last edited by Christmas_Freak1993; 05-20-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: spelled a couple words wrong. damn macs.
    Some days we forget to look around us. Some days we can't see the joy that surrounds us, so caught up inside ourselves. We take when we should give... so for tonight we pray for what we know can be. And on this day we hope for what we still can't see. It's up to us to be the change. And even though we all can still do more, there's so much to be thankful for.

Thankful- Josh Groban

I guess I will have to look for that cd next. Josh Groban is really good!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Chris Rea - Driving home for christmas

We always play it when we are going home after having had dinner with my parents on the first day of christmas.

Hmm...I'm liking the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Deck the Halls and We Wish You a Merry Christmas, The Heat Miser/Snow Miser songs, Ring Those Christmas Bells and Lawrence Welk has some happy songs (I just ordered his cd)...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I bought a copy of Baby's FIrst CHristmas cd for a friends baby and made me a copy of it. I love it so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira1986 View Post
    Chris Rea - Driving home for christmas

We always play it when we are going home after having had dinner with my parents on the first day of christmas.
    I have never heard that song before! I will have to look it up!